X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    ^Honest question: Was you enjoyment in the details for the second viewing, or more appreciation for Wonder Woman?

I'm asking because I think I know your tastes a bit, but also because I find the Nolan bat-trilogy very rough going in repeat viewings.
    I'm not sure it was really more appreciation for WW. I LOVED her the first time around and so I knew what was coming there. I think I liked it more for several reasons.
    1. The hype had died down and I had read just about everything positive and negative about it. Once that was all out of the way, I could just relax into the movie without expectation.
    2. I went solo so I could really concentrate on the movie without having to whisper "this is so and so and that was such and such".
    3. I got to pick up on all the little easter eggs that I missed the first time around.
    4. I was more comfortable with the gritty look of it. No blue skies and sunshine which for me makes sense. Everyone in the film is recovering from worse than 9/11 devestation, aliens are real and the world is different. I personally wouldn't find a lot of humor in any of that. The world would seem dark.
    5. I welcomed it as a graphic novel on the big screen. A lot happens in graphic novels so I don't think it was all that disjointed and overstuffed like I heard some people say.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

^Honest question: Was you enjoyment in the details for the second viewing, or more appreciation for Wonder Woman?

I'm asking because I think I know your tastes a bit, but also because I find the Nolan bat-trilogy very rough going in repeat viewings.
      Plus I LOVED the music introducing WW. I didn't really "hear" it the first time. So different from anything else and it just seemed so right for her. I may be alone in that.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

WW's theme music is just baddass...I listen to it everyday on my iPod, lol...
        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks for your (re)assessment. I still don't know how I'll feel when I first see it--later on a small screen. I have a lot of misgivings, I still have never seen Man of Steel.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

Thanks for your (re)assessment. I still don't know how I'll feel when I first see it--later on a small screen. I have a lot of misgivings, I still have never seen Man of Steel.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 4, 2011

I've seen MofS several times (five or six?). NOT a great movie by industry standards but I enoyed/enjoy it nonetheless.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                Career Member
                • Jan 13, 2009

I'm not a DC guy, so I go into these movies with a blank slate mentally. I actually enjoyed MoS. It's not a "must watch" for me if it's on TV, but I enjoyed it overall.

Watched BvS one time and can pretty much guarantee that will be the only time. I considered walking out about an hour in. They could've condensed the first 90 minutes of "build-up" into about 30 minutes and made a cleaner movie IMO. Remove all the "dream" scenes. Get rid of the senate hearings scenes. And I cringed every time Lex Luthor came on screen.

Comment

• Godzilla
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 3, 2002

No worries Hector, we've all been there at one time. I so wanted to like the Mathew Broderick Godzilla, but we all know how that went.
                  Mortui Vivos Docent
                  The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 3, 2009

Last edited by libby 1957dog; Apr 22, '16, 1:26 PM.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 3, 2009

saw this and thought it was worth reposting

its hard being superman lol

"Being Superman is great. What could possibly could wrong?"

NEARLY 2 YEARS LATER

"Crap... Well, at least it can't get any worse than this."

A FEW DAYS LATER

"This hurts like hell. But it's better than being dead..."

A FEW HOURS LATER

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎