Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

Ebay search "ric flair osftm blue". It's the only result. Couldn't get my tablet to copy the link. Made by Original San Francisco Toymakers. Used a high collar black suit with arms and legs removed and hemmed. Vinyl "P" and an altered DM head from a Mego Cap cast. I like your head choice better, though when I did mine I was keeping everything as megoesque as possible.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• daz71
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by megocrazy
      Ebay search "ric flair osftm blue". It's the only result. Couldn't get my tablet to copy the link. Made by Original San Francisco Toymakers. Used a high collar black suit with arms and legs removed and hemmed. Vinyl "P" and an altered DM head from a Mego Cap cast. I like your head choice better, though when I did mine I was keeping everything as megoesque as possible.
      the neck body & head look to be all one piece if this is the right onehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WCW-Galoob-Ric-Flair-USA-blue-trunks-variant-Wrestling-Wrestler-Figure-WWE-Rick-/252113312315?hash=item3ab31fda3b:g:v6AAAOSwdvpWEXs 8

Comment

• daz71
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2014

is this the rick flair you meant$_12.JPG

Comment

• Apjac Corny
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jan 12, 2016

Hi,
          I'm super new here and came across this interesting thread. I'm working on Alpha Flight myself and came up for this solution for the diminutive Puck. I cut off about 1" off the lower legs of a FTC body and 1/2" off off the forearms to make my Puck. Sure, you will lose the feet but in my opinion it looks much better than using a non-Mego style action figure body or even the FTC teen body. FTC sells black motorcycle boots that are just about perfect for Puck. I also used one of their black torso jumps suits and black cuffs that I cut down to match the ones in the comic.

I like to use Zica bodies for all my customs but the FTC boots really won't work as well because the Zica calves are much thinner than the FTC's "made in China" body. They just won't fill out the boots as well and you would be left with a gap around the top of the boot.
          Here's some WIP pictures. Hopefully I will have the head painted by today and have Puck ready to join the team by the end of the week.

Here is Puck next to my custom Guardian for a size comparision,

I would think this method might work even better if the figure were fully clothed, like Hobbits or Kirby's Oberon for example. I'd like to hear your opinions.

Comment

• daz71
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2014

yes it does work .it would be easier than fitting a resin head on a wrestler body too maybe although i could be wrong as i've never tried it.guardian looks great too nice paints.i'm looking foreward to seeing you finished set.

Comment

• Apjac Corny
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jan 12, 2016

Thanks.
              I think Puck is going to spend another week in Beta flight. Those joints are really bugging me, I think I am going to try a flesh colored bodysuit under the jumpsuit to hide them. It may look stupid but I'd like to try. I'll order one from FTC and hopefully I'll have it by the weekend to see how it looks.

I did get the head painted up today...

And now I see a big orange "P" in my future.

Comment

• daz71
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2014

very nice. you could be right about the flesh coloured suit wonder if they do a hairy one.

Comment

• Apjac Corny
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jan 12, 2016

Originally posted by daz71
                  very nice. you could be right about the flesh coloured suit wonder if they do a hairy one.
                  That's actually an interesting idea you have there. I wonder if you could subtlety flock it somehow without looking ridiculous.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Draw hashes on it with a fabric marker-more Megoey.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Apjac Corny
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jan 12, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Draw hashes on it with a fabric marker-more Megoey.
                      Yes! That just might work perfectly.

Comment

• daz71
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2014

i wonder if you could put cotton wool inside the flesh suit to bulk him up a bit.

Comment

• Apjac Corny
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Jan 12, 2016

i wonder if you could put cotton wool inside the flesh suit to bulk him up a bit.
                          Sure, he might need some bulking up. Puck is almost as wide as he is tall. It sounds like a good idea and something to play around with.

Comment

• Riderfan
                            Megos are cool
                            • Feb 14, 2012

Wow, lots of great ideas being bounced around here!

(bounced around, get it, it's Puck lol)

Apjac I love the body mods-very creative, and retains the Mego look. Great paints on the head too BTW.

But if I may I think a flesh body suit might be 'counter productive', for lack of a better term. Yeah you'd need it to add body hair (I'll second PNGwynne's suggestion) and to add more padding, but with shorter stature, awesome head, and an eventual orange 'P' on the chest I think you've captured the overall look of the character with where you're at now. Everyone will recognize him Puck, and I doubt few will be critical of the lack of body hair or stockiness.

You've inspired to try my hand at this guy-only thing I'll do differently is use a Doc Mego buff body.

I look forward to your progress. And keep the good work!

K
                            I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• daz71
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by Apjac Corny
                              Sure, he might need some bulking up. Puck is almost as wide as he is tall. It sounds like a good idea and something to play around with.
                              i will post the results this week just waiting for some flesh coloured fabric to come through.what colour do you use to paint lips i've only tried it once and it looked like they were wearing lipstick.

Comment

• Apjac Corny
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Jan 12, 2016

You make a good point Riderfan. The thing that really bothers me is FTC body. Puck is an acrobat and one of the fun things about doing a Puck figure is all the cool poses that you could potentially put him in. He barely stands up on his own with that FTC body. I'm going to reconsider using a Zica body. I'll do some careful measuring before I do any cutting. Maybe I'll wait until the 8" superstore opens back up and try some of the super posable limbs that they sell for the type S body.

For now, I'm just going to finish him off as he is.

what colour do you use to paint lips i've only tried it once and it looked like they were wearing lipstick.
                                I don't really have a set color, it's just my base flesh color with a tiny bit of red in it. I mix it on the palette, it's usually the last thing I do.

Try a 3:1 mix to start and take it from there. I try only to paint the bottom lip.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎