Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fox Mulder & Dana Scully-input/suggestions please (the truth is out there?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riderfan
    Megos are cool
    • Feb 14, 2012

Fox Mulder & Dana Scully-input/suggestions please (the truth is out there?)

Hi

Inspired by the new mini season of The X Files I thought I'd try my hand at a Mego version of these two. Results so far

I'd prefer Scully in slacks rather than a skirt, but I can't sew so I'm stuck with the skirt. She does need a haircut.

Mulder looks too secret service/men in black to me. Ideally I'd like a navy blue suit for him, but then I'd have to attempt dying a white suit. Conversely I could change out his shirt for CTV's light blue one, which matches stock photos I've seen of him. The head looks better than I thought it would, but maybe there's a better choice.

Sunglasses ya or nah? I'm on the fence on this.

Any constructive input is appreciated. Please keep in mind this is a relatively low budget project & I just want to use readily available parts.

Thanks in advance

K
    I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

I think Austin has real mulder and scully heads.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• daz71
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2014

great looking figures keith i like the sunglasses on.i saw alan carter in a 70s bond rip off called licensed to love & kill last week.scully's clothes fit really nice.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 4, 2011

I think it's a good start. I agree with the changes on Scully. Haircut and slacks. Or at least a non-pleated skirt. Maybe paint the eyes darker to give her some life.

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

There's lot of good bits (from Austin's SS shrinks to McFarland [flashlight, cell phone, FBI badges] accessories) out there for your use… Mulder's on an EMCE body and Scully is on a Zica Yvonne 1.0:

Last edited by Confessional; May 2, '16, 5:59 PM. Reason: … shadow governments!

Comment

• Riderfan
            Megos are cool
            • Feb 14, 2012

Those are awesome!

I just ordered the heads from Austin earlier today, now I have a guide as to how to paint them.

Much appreciated!

K
            I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎