Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Remember, I'm halfway into season 3...so please bear with my old news here, lol. Can't wait to catch up so I can discuss current events.

Those three little dragons are friggin awesome, I want one as a pet, lol.

Daenerys Targaryen...I love her, she's a baddass! She started as a meek and timid abused sister...and now she has a fearsome army. Loved how she pretended not to understand nor speak the language...she sure showed that jackass how it's done...loved how she commanded the little fire-breathing mofo to smoke that fool...what a great moment...

Tyrion Lannister is equally as shrewd...

Littlefinger and Varys, what a couple of two-faced snakes...

Man, can't believe I didn't watch this from the beginning...it's now my favorite TV show...

sigpic

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

It's a blast all right....sometimes literally.
      JediJaida

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I'm going to watch the season 3 finale this evening...getting ready for season four.

I'd say in about two weeks...I'll be discussing season six with you guys here...

Wow...just got through watching season 3 episode nine...The Rains of Castamere episode...holy mother of god...did NOT see that coming, wow, what a sad and brutal event...still reeling from watching that...more shocking to me than any Walking Dead episode.

As sad and brutally shocking as this was...

*SPOILERS TO THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN ANY EPISODES AND PLAN TO DO SO IN THE NEAR FUTURE*

...it was Robb Stark's bad decision not to marry any of Lord Walder Frey's daughters and granddaughters. Bad move....as the whole point of nobility is to honor your promises...that got him, his wife, and mother murdered.

Catelyn and a pregnant Talisa getting butchered like that...such viciousness, wow, hardcore, man.

I now know what you guys said about Roose Bolton...man, what a treacherous weasel...I want him dead soooo badly.

Poor young Arya Stark...she was about to be reunited with her mom and brother, what a friggin crying shame...poor wolf too.

What's up with Jon Snow abandoning Ygritte like that...he better man up in the finale...

Fantastic stuff!
        sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

To me, the Red Wedding is an epic achievement in storytelling. Even after establishing that they are not afraid to kill off characters, it comes as such a sucker punch.

I don't think it is in the show, but in the books they make a big deal over and over about guest rights. In Westeros, if your host gives you bread and salt, then the laws of hospitality apply and you have a sacred agreement that you won't hurt each other during your stay. Cat makes a big point of making sure they break bread together as soon as they arrive at the castle, just to be sure everyone is cool. So when it all goes down, I remember the additional disbelief of... "No, they couldn't have... they ate bread and salt..." Like somehow it was a force field, instead of just a well-accepted custom.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

You'll also enjoy the Purple Wedding.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by sprytel
              I don't think it is in the show, but in the books they make a big deal over and over about guest rights. In Westeros, if your host gives you bread and salt, then the laws of hospitality apply and you have a sacred agreement that you won't hurt each other during your stay.
              It's in the show too, I remember it being mentioned a couple times leading up to the wedding. And the bread and salt is shown prominently in this scene where Rob tries to mend fences with Frey..

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                valar morghulis
                • Mar 8, 2005

SPOILERS

I think last nite's ep was my favorite of the season so far. Loved the emotional reunion of Sansa and Jon.. so weird in that it was essentially the first scene the two characters have ever had together! Just speaks to how much we have invested in the Starks and all they've been through..

Wild final scene with Dani and the Dothraki. Glad that things will be moving on from there now...

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah this was a "getting stuff done" show for sure.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ZMOQ
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Jun 1, 2010

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                    SPOILERS

I think last nite's ep was my favorite of the season so far. Loved the emotional reunion of Sansa and Jon.. so weird in that it was essentially the first scene the two characters have ever had together! Just speaks to how much we have invested in the Starks and all they've been through..

Wild final scene with Dani and the Dothraki. Glad that things will be moving on from there now...

Absolutely! It really shows how much Sansa and Jon had changed. Wasn't their only previous scene together the time when King Robert arrived at Winterfell and the whole Stark family knelt to him (season 1 Episode 1)? Sansa, at the time, was a foolish girl with her head full of stories of knights in shining armor. She *thought* she was in love with Joffrey and vice versa, even when his petty cruelty was right there in front of her.

Jon was never made to feel welcome in the family by Lady Cat Stark, and was happy to join the Nights Watch because he though it was an honorable profession. Both of them had their illusions shattered and had gone through the grinder.

And, finally, after all they'd been through, they finally had a joyful reunion. Yes!

Now, I'm wondering about Littlefinger's motivations for accusing Bronze Yohn Royce of selling out info about Sansa to the Boltons. Was it to put Royce in his place, so Littlefinger can assert authority over him? Was it to cow Royce so he'd agree to march on Winterfell if Lord Robin said to? Littlefinger is the guy you love to hate. He has a (hidden) agenda, and no swords behind him, but he is clever and wonderfully manipulative. Maybe this was always part of the long con, something that Littlefinger would specialize in?

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ZMOQ
                      Now, I'm wondering about Littlefinger's motivations for accusing Bronze Yohn Royce of selling out info about Sansa to the Boltons. Was it to put Royce in his place, so Littlefinger can assert authority over him? Was it to cow Royce so he'd agree to march on Winterfell if Lord Robin said to? Littlefinger is the guy you love to hate. He has a (hidden) agenda, and no swords behind him, but he is clever and wonderfully manipulative. Maybe this was always part of the long con, something that Littlefinger would specialize in?
                      I think it had more to do with Royce calling him on BS right off the bat. The guy is a master manipulator and took total control of the situation effortlessly.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                        valar morghulis
                        • Mar 8, 2005

And lest we forget this wonderfulness

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Did anyone else hear "Dreamweaver" lightly in the back ground?

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                            valar morghulis
                            • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                            Did anyone else hear "Dreamweaver" lightly in the back ground?

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

I'm not reading any of you guys' posts, trying to keep away from info, lol.

I'm halfway through season 5 now...almost there...

Then we will talk...

sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

Oh crap, this week's episode was fantastic. I almost teared up at Jon and Sansa's reunion. Now that the show is completely off book I have no idea what will happen and I am loving it!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎