X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sideshow Spock
    valar morghulis
    • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by JediJaida
    Let's not forget everyone's favorite dad, Tywin Lannister.
    As much as I love Tywin, there's another proud papa that holds that distinction..

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Oh, him. What's his name again? To me, he was an absolute piece of dreck not worth remembering.
      JediJaida

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

Stanus lives!! he was a major asshat, no doubt, but he is still alive and will be back

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I liked him up until the bonfire.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
            I liked him up until the bonfire.
            definitely a turning point for him. that was brutal to watch

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

SPOILER

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              definitely a turning point for him. that was brutal to watch
              I think Renly was his turning point, or at least was the first horrific demonstration of what Stannis was capable of in the name of blind ambition. Also recall that he sentenced Davos to death for freeing Gendry, but Mellisandre stepped in to save his bacon..
              Last edited by Sideshow Spock; May 6, '16, 9:49 AM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

true, but the thing with Renley was a bit different. they were at least rivals and at odds with each other. the fact that he had Davo's fingers cut off for smuggling, after Davos smuggled food to him and saved his life, tells you what a hardass he is

I think Renly was his turning point, or at least was the first horrific demonstration of what Stannis was capable of in the name of blind ambition. Also recall that he sentenced Davos to death for freeing Gendry, but Mellisandre stepped in to save his bacon..[/QUOTE]

Comment

• ZMOQ
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jun 1, 2010

I am hoping that there is a point to introducing the "Iron Islands Kingsmoot" into the show. Those chapters were among the most boring ones in the book A Feast for Crows. The book itself was pretty meandering, almost to the point of being pointless. It wasn't terribly interesting for Brienne and Pod to wander around the Riverlands aimlessly and even that was more interesting than any chapter about the Iron Islands.

The most recent episode of the show has the feel that the Iron Islands was shoe-horned into the script. All of a sudden, Euron Greyjoy shows up and Balon constantly addresses him as "brother". It's just weird, and doesn't feel like that storyline was pre-planned or organically developed.

I am really hoping that the addition of the iron Islands Kingsmoot isn't just a way to pad the show so it can drag on for more seasons than necessary. In general, I approve of the "cut the fat" approach that Benioff/Weiss have been using. I am crossing my fingers that they're not being pushed to add the fat back in.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                    valar morghulis
                    • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by ZMOQ
                    I am hoping that there is a point to introducing the "Iron Islands Kingsmoot" into the show.
                    Me too. I've never been a fan of the Greyjoys or their storyline, but maybe the Kingsmoot will liven things up a bit..

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

I'm on season 3...catching up...

sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I'm digging the flash backs this season, makes Bran more interesting.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                          valar morghulis
                          • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                          I'm digging the flash backs this season, makes Bran more interesting.
                          Agreed, but I could do without the repetitious dialogue between Bran and the 3 eyed Raven, namely all the, "Nooo, why did you bring me back", "You can't stay too long", "I don't want to be here", "You must learn", stuff. Seems like they had the same conversation last nite after flashing back as they did in the previous ep(s)..

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                            Agreed, but I could do without the repetitious dialogue between Bran and the 3 eyed Raven, namely all the, "Nooo, why did you bring me back", "You can't stay too long", "I don't want to be here", "You must learn", stuff. Seems like they had the same conversation last nite after flashing back as they did in the previous ep(s)..
                            Yeah, I did kind of notice that as well but it's only happened twice and clearly setting something up.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                              valar morghulis
                              • Mar 8, 2005

SNL this week.. SPOILER?

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by ZMOQ
                                I am hoping that there is a point to introducing the "Iron Islands Kingsmoot" into the show. Those chapters were among the most boring ones in the book A Feast for Crows. The book itself was pretty meandering, almost to the point of being pointless. It wasn't terribly interesting for Brienne and Pod to wander around the Riverlands aimlessly and even that was more interesting than any chapter about the Iron Islands.

The most recent episode of the show has the feel that the Iron Islands was shoe-horned into the script. All of a sudden, Euron Greyjoy shows up and Balon constantly addresses him as "brother". It's just weird, and doesn't feel like that storyline was pre-planned or organically developed.

I am really hoping that the addition of the iron Islands Kingsmoot isn't just a way to pad the show so it can drag on for more seasons than necessary. In general, I approve of the "cut the fat" approach that Benioff/Weiss have been using. I am crossing my fingers that they're not being pushed to add the fat back in.
                                Yeah, at this point I'd figured that the show had jettisoned the whole Kingsmoot part of the story (and rightly so, as I agree that it was a pretty boring part of the books) so I was surprised to see it finally show up. I'm thinking it might be a way of padding the show a bit so this season doesn't get too far ahead of the books.

Very cool seeing the Tower of Joy show up in Bran's flashback. It will be interesting to see if this leads to the reveal of a very popular speculation of book readers.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎