X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by wise guy
    I can't believe EMCE and Mattel designed that horrible R.C Batman. What were they thinking ?
    That always reminded me of the Ideal cowl they made for kids to wear back in the 60's. Just didn't translate to a figure from my point of view.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
      That always reminded me of the Ideal cowl they made for kids to wear back in the 60's. Just didn't translate to a figure from my point of view.
      No argument there brother.
      sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by The Bat
        Ok Dude, we'll just have to agree to dis agree. I still think the FTC looks ten times better than the Mattel one. Wait until I finish my custom...I'll fix the flaw.
        I wouldn't have put together the above image at all, but you called me out and I think it's clear to everyone looking at it even without the lines I added. I rest my case.

Like I said, I wish I could look past it, but I can't. If you can, that's great. The sculpt looks pretty good. I would be curious to see how that head would look on a MAXX FX body.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          Only one way to find out. Let's have a look...

Uh-oh! Looks like new Batman's head from top to chin stretches from the top of Mattel Batman's head to the bottom of his neck! Mattel Batman might be wider, which is a byproduct of the removable mask, but it's still in scale.

So, yes, I'm saying it looks bigger than a "monstrosity", as you call it.
          After a few years of owning the Mattel version, the ONLY thing I like is the head/mask. It reminds me of the Ideal one, and it's 'toyetic'. I don't like the rain boots, or the Flashdance cut of the black briefs, and the pleather gloves look like someone cut the feet off a pair of boots and stuck them on their wrists.

As for the FTC figure, they're going for a specific style/look and I think they get pretty close. I'm not a fan of the small emblem, but I've seen it drawn that way at some point. I'm ok with the color scheme, and I'm sure there will be other versions with different tones at some point if history is any indicator.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

It wasn't my intention to compare the two beyond head size. Both have good and bad points and which are which come down to preference.

Just to be clear, I'm rooting for FTC. I really want the KISS figures to come out great and I hope the superheroes do as well.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

Oh, look. Entertainment Earth has it in black already.

Buy Batman The Dark Knight Deformed Action Figure at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

LOL

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                Yes it does. I'm really starting to think they just need to get a new sculptor/artist. The sculpts are good, but if he has done this many so far out of scale how much money has he cost the company? How many people have complained? How many people have refused to buy at this point? I'm just getting tired of defending them.

JeffBearCO
                I don't think it's a particular sculptor. I thought for a while it was The Farrow, because many of the oversized noggins have been heads credited to him. But look at the Jonny Quest figures just shown; the heads are fine and are his work, and I'm certain other heads we've seen of late that are in correct scale are his handiwork, as well. I have no idea what the problem is; it's definitely pre-production, because the plugs on the oversized heads aren't oversized themselves, telling me this isn't a scale/allowing for shrinkage mistake in making the molds. I have no idea what the problem is, or why it keeps happening.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

The issue is that it is obviously costing the company money. It also obviously is not costing the company enough for them to make a change.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Gumby01
                    • Dec 7, 2015

Regarding the head sizing issues for some of the figures: It would be nice if FTC went back and corrected the head sizes for those releases with issues. Maybe sell a replacement head pack for a nominal cost to those who want them.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎