Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

They all look great, Batman being the best imo!

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

So far Scarecrow and Ras Al Ghul look like their heads are OK.
      Batman's head looks big, and Gordon's looks huge!
      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

^^ its the same Gordon head, so of course its big, you don't think they'd retool and correct the mistake do you?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

I like the BATMAN head sculpt. Think about all the other attempts that have come before it; Mego molded cowl Batman, Australian Batman, Mattel's Re-Mego Batman. When you put it up next to all of those...it looks pretty DAMMED good doesn't it.
          sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by The Bat
            I like the BATMAN head sculpt. Think about all the other attempts that have come before it; Mego molded cowl Batman, Australian Batman, Mattel's Re-Mego Batman. When you put it up next to all of those...it looks pretty DAMMED good doesn't it.
            When I put the new one up to those, it just looks pretty DAMNED big. LOL!
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

Yes it does. I'm really starting to think they just need to get a new sculptor/artist. The sculpts are good, but if he has done this many so far out of scale how much money has he cost the company? How many people have complained? How many people have refused to buy at this point? I'm just getting tired of defending them.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                Yes it does. I'm really starting to think they just need to get a new sculptor/artist. The sculpts are good, but if he has done this many so far out of scale how much money has he cost the company? How many people have complained? How many people have refused to buy at this point? I'm just getting tired of defending them.

JeffBearCO
                You know, I can't help but notice by looking at the photo of this wave that there are at least 3 different head sizes. Scarecrow looks ok, Batman is big, and Gordon is crazy big. I can't tell where Ra's falls.

It definitely has kept me from buying because the head sizes REALLY bother me. I wish I could look past that like others can, and I understand that line of thinking because I like movies like Howard the Duck and Escape From L.A. even tho I know they are not very good movies. I just find the head sizes to be insulting.
                Last edited by CrimsonGhost; May 3, '16, 8:53 AM.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

And they have pretty much killed the Harry Potter line because Harry is pretty much in scale, but Draco looked like they mistakenly put a 12" doll's head on the 8" body. That is the first time I have ever sent a figure back for being out of scale. I did not even open it. It didn't even fit in the clear case right. The head was bent over to one side!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                    Granted, it's a little big...but it's not Jim Gordon or Alfred BIG. I plan to customize mine. With a bigger torso, arms and shoulders...I think that might balance it out.
                    sigpic

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

If you dig out the neck hole, I wonder if you can hide that giraffe neck in it and make it look shorter.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Really? So you're saying it looks bigger than this monstrosity?

I don't think so.
                        Last edited by The Bat; May 3, '16, 8:58 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by The Bat
                          Really? So you're saying it looks bigger than this monstrosity?

I don't think so.
                          Only one way to find out. Let's have a look...

Uh-oh! Looks like new Batman's head from top to chin stretches from the top of Mattel Batman's head to the bottom of his neck! Mattel Batman might be wider, which is a byproduct of the removable mask, but it's still in scale.

So, yes, I'm saying it looks bigger than a "monstrosity", as you call it.
                          Last edited by CrimsonGhost; May 3, '16, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Really don't like the color scheme and the Teen Titans sleeve cheat. Then there is the baby emblem.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Uh-oh! Looks like new Batman's head from top to chin stretches from the top of Mattel Batman's head to the bottom of his neck! Mattel Batman might be wider, which is a byproduct of the removable mask, but it's still in scale.

So, yes, I'm saying it looks bigger than a "monstrosity", as you call it.
                              Ok Dude, we'll just have to agree to dis agree. I still think the FTC looks ten times better than the Mattel one. Wait until I finish my custom...I'll fix the flaw.
                              sigpic

Comment

• wise guy
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 29, 2014

I can't believe EMCE and Mattel designed that horrible R.C Batman. What were they thinking ?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎