• Jun 16, 2001

MMFTCNEWS- Batman Wave 4

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Another fun read top to bottom. I always keep my calendar free of meetings at work every Friday morning just for this. Thanks!
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

Dang, newsletter has only been up 30 mins and already the thread has been started. Oh wait....

Well "Customized*" Neal Adams Batman looks nice, "Variant" Commissioner Gordon is ok, Ra's...I'll wait until I can actually see a pic from Scott Beatty's website which shows everything in scale ( or not). The clothing he has on does make him a
      little too "buff", but that is just probably the layers of clothing and not necessarily the figure itself.

Scarecrow, I like my custom better.

(*Customized in the sense they took the existing JLA Batman and gave him a new head, and hands.)
      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Brown Bear
        Another fun read top to bottom. I always keep my calendar free of meetings at work every Friday morning just for this. Thanks!
        Appreciate knowing that Jason.

Originally posted by darkbros
        (*Customized in the sense they took the existing JLA Batman and gave him a new head, and hands.)
        A new head is a pretty big deal, i kind of agree the JLA Batman was mainly minor tweaks but I think once you make a mold, it's beyond that.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

FINALLY! We have a winner! Batman looks GOOD! No GIANT head...I'm Buying him!
          sigpic

Comment

• rodkeith
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 16, 2008

Besides the new noggin, he's got the better glove hands and sculpted boots, and a much longer cape (hopefully wired!) than the the JLA Batman. So quite a bit that's new, and all very welcome.

The Scarecrow we've already seen, but the other two look excellent as well. Looking forward to this set!

I'm hoping down the line we get a similar Superman upgrade...

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

On Batman Wave 4...

I'm kind of bummed that Ras Al Ghul is not wearing a green suit. But the bulkiness of the clothes might help with the scale of the head.

Finally, Commissioner Gordon. My eyes could be failing me, but that coat is more gray than green, isn't it? Clothes are different from the baggy pre-release too. Just gotta swap out those glasses...

I have the Scarecrow already, which is a great figure. I do not see any differences between this and the Kresge card version, so I might fill this slot with a second Batman. Maybe...

Batman. Hmm. A lot of shiny going on here. I think the glossy head is kind of throwing it off for me. The shorts are shiny too. I'd like to see more pictures. I like the cape. I wonder how it fits, because the hole looks small and I do not see a '66 style clasp. Is it not removable?

I hope this is a shift to more realistic looking figure, while not going NECA realistic.

The 1966 Batman variants look nice, but with space gone before I even started buying these, they are a pass much like the EE exclusives were.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 4, 2011

Easy pass on the variants for me but those other figures look pretty nice from what we can see. I'll wait to see more pics before ordering but overall I think the new Batman head sculpt looks nice.

Comment

• DC_Guy
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Sep 18, 2008

Not a fan of the "Neal Adams" Batman. More often than not, Adams' Batman was shown black with blue highlights, not sky blue as here. The Batman '66 figure actually has the color scheme the Neal Adams one should have, and I may end up doing a customization, especially if the "Neal Adams" head ever becomes available separately. For now, an extremely regretful pass.

R'as Al Ghul looks good, though, and I'll probably pick up the Scarecrow eventually. Already got the bagged Commissioner Gordon, so I'm set there, I think.

Comment

• melkorjunior
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Apr 20, 2014

Was the other thread devoted to this deleted? I can't find it at all.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

This wave looks really nice. These seem like a good blend of Mego aesthetic and comic book accuracy... I could see myself buying all 4.

Comment

• drogge
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 24, 2009

The Batman head sculpt looks great, I like the changes to Gordon, happy to see Ra finally getting released, I'll have to pass on Scarecrow since it looks the same as the one I already have. Overall, nice assortment. Things are really coming to fruition, tons of previously announced figures are finally hitting. I predict TT and Scooby Doo are next.

Comment

• megomania
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jan 2, 2010

I swear Deidrich Bader's character from Office Space was the model for RAG

image-4237216094.jpg

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

The head looks more like Don Newton's style than Adams to me, but I like it. The color scheme on the costume matches the marketing art by Garcia Lopez

Comment

• darkbros
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by TRDouble
                              On Batman Wave 4...

I'm kind of bummed that Ras Al Ghul is not wearing a green suit. But the bulkiness of the clothes might help with the scale of the head.
                              yeah me too....
                              rasalghul_right.jpg

I mean, he looks so much waaaaay cooler in Green...
                              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎