el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

I'm liking this, yes...
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Looks way better than the derivative Force Awakens...
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Holy smokes! I just found out the awesome Donnie Yen is in the flick!!!

Yen friggin rules...the man is GOD to me....

If some of you don't know who he is...you are in for a treat, terrific charisma, terrific martial artist action hero...big fan here.

Mmm, Mexican actor Diego Luna is in it too, can't say I'm a fan of him...he annoys me, lol...
        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i think the movie looks awesome. great to see Mon Mothma back in action. the actress they chose actually looks like a younger version of the actress from ROTJ

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

the actress previously played Mon Mothman in Revenge of the Sith.

if Mon Mothma married Mothra and they had a kid, she would be Mon Mothma-Mothra, Mothra's baby mamma.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

I keep hoping to see Ezra or hear someone mention the folks from the tv show in these trailers.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Now this is a prequel I can get excited about!

Comment

• Mego Milk
                  Custom Mego Maker
                  • Jun 3, 2007

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                    I keep hoping to see Ezra or hear someone mention the folks from the tv show in these trailers.
                    I thought the same thing, but if they are in it, they will keep it a surprise

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

It'll be difficult to improve upon The Force Awakens to me personally. I mean, personally, a good portion of the value of TFA is what many term the "weaknesses": i.e. "cloning" things from the original trilogy. Most notably the plot outline. (references like people, places, things and the widely recognized better humor and more organic dialogue resulting in a more refreshing "fun" than the PT are easier for naysayers to swallow)

The other aspect that made TFA work for me is the crucial aspect: The execution. Clone---but execute it well... and I'm great.

I need fan service to a certain extent. How much? I'm not really sure. But there were a LOT of callbacks to the OT in the PT, and I didn't think it was all that good because of the execution.

ROGUE ONE appears to have a LOT of "callback" value going for it.... I mean it basically takes place during New Hope (directly before it).

The plot framework of New Hope was basically cloned/mimicked for TFA... so it'll be interesting to see if the execution of RO, without having the Star Warsy New Hope plot rigidity to guide it, can surpass the PT movies, let alone TFA.

The trailer looks promising. I have some thoughts regarding what I saw---but, they border on "spoilery", so I'll wrap it up here.
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

TFA definitely got me pumped for more Star Wars. Having just returned from Disney World, this kept those huge flames burning! Looks good!

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Remco Monster
                          GLOWS in the Dark!
                          • May 3, 2006

Looks great. Now would be the time Hasbro should release a vintage style toy line, because these characters would fit right in with the old line. Also, they should have done a mail away with the Force Awakens figures for an unknown character from Rogue One, ala Boba Fett, etc.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

so they announced 4 weeks of reshoots which apparently will be very costly. apparently Disney execs demanded reshoots and one of the things being added is more Vader. I trust the house of mouse to faithfully guide the franchise but reshoots always worry me

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Director Gareth Edwards worries me. I don't normally knee-jerk react over reshoots, which are pretty normal, but I have yet to be entertained by Edwards. That said, I thought the trailer looked fantastic, so here's hoping it's not a mess, that the spirit of fun for which SW is known is retained, and that the Mouse can help polish up an already solid film. Just hope it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Comment

• supes
                                For the love of Mego's!
                                • Jan 19, 2004

I also heard part of the reshoots were going to be adding scenes with the new Han Solo

For the love of Mego's

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎