X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BATMAN89
    Mego obsessed!!!
    • Jul 20, 2010

Lovin' Deadpool!

Got my DST / EMCE DEADPOOL Retro Action Figure Set yesterday!
    Let me just say that I think the red suit and head are awesome!
    Here it is on a Dr. Mego Swivel Bicep body, as well it should be!
    The suit is such high quality! The overlapping layers sewn together give it a heavier feel. The material is very shiny. The stitching is so well done.
    The head is as cool as I thought it would be by looking at pics on the internet. The sculpt is awesome!
    I haven't taken out the white suit yet, and I'm not sure what I will do with the boxed figure yet either.

Lovin' this one though!!!

Last edited by BATMAN89; Apr 6, '16, 1:50 PM.
    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
    My Early Custom Megos
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I agree!! This is currently my favorite Mego on display right now. Just love everything about him. Great outfit (design/tailoring) and the head sculpt is flat perfect. Also love all of the accessories.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

His costume is great and the head is perfect. They did a great job with this one.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

He looks really good, probably the best overall so far. I did notice an odd thing, though; the heads fit perfectly on a classic Mego body and an FTC body (after widening the hole a bit), but the modern red DP head won't stay on the included body. It goes in the hole, but then just kind of pushes it's way back up and bobbles to the side. Anyone else notice this, or is it just the body I got?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Try loosening the top two screws and splitting the torso open at the top a tiny bit and the head should fit in. Then tighten the screws and it should be good.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Deadpool is dead on, very cool looking, and nice idea on transferring over to the Doc swivel body.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Love my set. Bought this head below and painted it white and black to go with the X-Force outfit. They really knocked this one out of the park. Plus I like the fact they molded the primary head color and painted the details. Nice return to the iconic Mego formula.

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                Try loosening the top two screws and splitting the torso open at the top a tiny bit and the head should fit in. Then tighten the screws and it should be good.
                Never occurred to me; so used to old Mego bodies after all these years, I keep forgetting these are made differently. I'll try that; thanks.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 18, 2006

Deadpool looks great! I just picked up the Captain America set and I love it. Many people have mentioned the flaws in theses sets, and there are some flaws to be sure, but the quality, attention to detail and overall look of these figures, especially the modern versions, far outweighs any imperfections or mis-steps in my eyes. I especially like how the Cap head sculpts jaw line and lower face match each other so Steve looks like Cap, and is even close enough to the original to look like it could be the same person under the mask. I haven't found Deadpool at any local stores yet, but picked up Cap at Newbury comics for $49.99. They don't expect to be getting the Deadpool set because this one went to clearance.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎