Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: Mego U.S.S. Enterprise from TMP

Well I guess this thread needs to be officially closed. Oh well.

Still wanted....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by User897 View Post
    I never in all my years thought this toy would be so difficult to find. Let me rephrase that. IMPOSSIBLE to find. From what I understand, a lot were sold in Canada back in the day. Apparently, everybody held on to it!

And now I see my pictures of the toy were removed. Okay....
    This is a tough one to find. Even harder in good condition.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

You got that right. Yes, it was primarily released in Canada and parts of Europe. I haven't found any official reason why there was barely a trickle in the States, being as it is an American property, but Mego had a knack for strangeness.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by User897 View Post
    You got that right. Yes, it was primarily released in Canada and parts of Europe. I haven't found any official reason why there was barely a trickle in the States, being as it is an American property, but Mego had a knack for strangeness.
    Foreign distributors like Grand Toys, GIG and Airfix had to pay in advance for their orders with a letter of credit.

When Mego smelled a bomb (like TMP, Black Hole) they could stop production on their orders and not make inventory they'd probably have to clearance.

However, it would be foolhardy for them not to make the inventory that was bought and paid for in foreign markets.

That is why you get Humanoids and Second series aliens in Canada.

I got this right from the head of sales for Grand Toys.