X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Question For The Comic Book Experts

Looking for a public domain comic book character(s) that's similar to Conan or He-Man. Any suggestions?

Craig
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Crom!!
    http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Crom,_The_Barbarian
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Tell me its mego style!!
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• fewbricks
        • Apr 9, 2014

Beowulf is public domain!

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Originally posted by fewbricks
          Beowulf is public domain!

Both good choices, keep'em coming

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

A new Remco Warlords/Warrior Beasts line would be pretty cool.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
              A new Remco Warlords/Warrior Beasts line would be pretty cool.
              Unfortunately Warlord is a DC/Warner Brothers property and it would be an expensive license, but a new Warrior Beasts line would be possible.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by ZICA
                Unfortunately Warlord is a DC/Warner Brothers property and it would be an expensive license, but a new Warrior Beasts line would be possible.
                I know Warlord is a DC property. I just meant new figures in the Remco MOTU knock off style would be cool.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

I didn't realize Remco's Warlords was based on a DC comic. Weren't several of the characters based on Greek mythology, like Hercules and Zeus ans such? You could maybe take a similar approach and do a "World's Greatest Mythological Heroes" line. Sort of like the Mego Super Knights...

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by sprytel
                    I didn't realize Remco's Warlords was based on a DC comic. Weren't several of the characters based on Greek mythology, like Hercules and Zeus ans such? You could maybe take a similar approach and do a "World's Greatest Mythological Heroes" line. Sort of like the Mego Super Knights...
                    I'm not sure of all the specifics on the characters and their connection to DC comics, but the Warlord character definitely seems to belong to them. So far the Crom character seems like it might work for what I need.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Remco's Warlord line consisted of Warlord, his friend Machiste and arch enemy Deimos along with Hercules (from Hercules Unbound) and Arak, Son of Thunder. All DC properties.
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

I wouldn't go after Crom. That's got Conan CnD written all over it.

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by hedrap
                          I wouldn't go after Crom. That's got Conan CnD written all over it.
                          I don't think so. The character has blonde hair and I would definitely overhaul some of the basic design elements.

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by ZICA
                            I don't think so. The character has blonde hair and I would definitely overhaul some of the basic design elements.
                            I meant that Crom is the main god in Conan, is used consistently and associated with Conan, and Conan Properties is known to be CnD friendly.

If it's a single figure, I guess they wouldn't blink. But the character is recognized as a Gardner Fox swipe of Howard Conan ideas.

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 14, 2012

Thun'Da
                              Thun'Da, Roger Drum, was an Air Force officer flying across Africa on a spy-chasing mission when his plane went down in unexplored territory, a prehistoric lost world. After crashing in the heart of the valley, he escaped from his aircraft and was captured by hostile ape-men, but he managed to escape. While wandering through the valley, he pushed himself to exercise daily and became a paragon of physical perfection. Later, he fell in love with Princess Pha, a local beauty and the ruler of the pe

Zor the Mighty

Lee Granger, The Jungle King
                              Lee Granger aka Jungle King was sort of a Tarzan character with a twist, instead of being a "noble savage" Jungle King a scientist by the name of Lee Granger who used his genius to make the jungle a better place. Among his accomplishments, beside protecting the jungle from all manner dastardly villains, was to make a pigmy village into a modern town, and teach Eric the lion to speak English. His enemies included the Ant Queen. Slam Bang Comics #1-7 Master Comics #7-10 Hero Goggles Golden Age Her

Lance Hale
                              Lance Hale was a great white hunter and soldier of fortune who frequently ventured into the jungles of Africa. While looking for diamonds in the wilds of Rhodesia, using a map left to him by his uncle, he traveled into the subterranean empire of Aldia, who had met his uncle many years before. Aldia asked Lance to pass through the "Flame of Immortality" which would make him ever youthful, like her. After doing so, he helped her to secure her empire by defeating the Lizard Men. Aldia tried to make

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎