Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Wheels bringing back classic cars and sets in new retro line.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Hot Wheels bringing back classic cars and sets in new retro line.

Retro cars and sets in classic packaging! Super cool.

Now that the kids of the ‘80s are grown up with jobs, disposable income, and fond memories of their childhood, toy companies are capitalizing on the nostalgia with throwback lines enticing them to re-buy all the toys they grew up with. Next up is Hot Wheels, with a new retro line reviving some truly classic cars and…
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The cars and sets are exclusive to Target and should be starting to show up in stores now.

Mattel Creations is your home for original Hot Wheels collectibles. Shop Hot Wheels Collectors today.

Mattel Creations is your home for original Hot Wheels collectibles. Shop Hot Wheels Collectors today.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Guess I am getting old - I hate that they are 'retro' yet have the regular newer wheels. No redlines?

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Yeah, classic wheels would have been nice. That is disappointing. I guess that's why it's a retro line and not a replica line. Still cool though.

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 20, 2008

Ugh.. the headline got me excited then I saw it was 80s crap. Not interested in that. I wish they continued their 70s repro line that was out a few years ago. They never even released cars, only some Sizzlers and it suddenly vanished, incomplete.

Sean

Comment

• Carmelkettle
            Museum Patron
            • May 26, 2015

I believe the Sizzlers name/line was sold to Playing Mantis who produced a few items before they went out of business. As a kid I won (in some contest I can't remember) a massive Sizzlers set that showed up at the door one day unannounced. I played with that for a couple years until the car motors died, then my parents thought it was useless so got rid of it. If I still had it today, it would be easy to replace those motors....

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

Too bad...I'd really love a Red Baron and a Beach Bomb.
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by SpaceCrawler
                Not interested in that.
                A lot of people like these kind of toys so I thought I'd pass on the info. I'm sorry you were disappointed.

Went to Target today with my sister. They had a whole end cap of the retro cars and sets. Picked up the Dash & Crash Speedway and the 4-Lane Elimination Race. We had a blast with them.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎