Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Orange Confection Delights? I'm more ADD(Apple dumpling desserts) but definitely a touch of OCD.

I'm not a doctor, but I stayed at a Wheeling Super 8 last night and I can see 'OCD' being mentioned in the context of a bunch of middle-aged guys who debate head scale on their dollies. It goes with the territory.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Ninersphan1
      Everytinme I think I might bite the bullet on one of these sets, issues like this crop up. I'm sorry but for the price these are a tremendous disappointment.
      If I were you, I wouldn't pass on this set because of the boots! The set is really awesome and lots of people would probably be willing to swap boots with you to make them proper. It is possible that some sets have the proper boots packed in them. The boot problem is easily solved. I would rather have the set with the wrong boots, than not have it at all.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        If I were you, I wouldn't pass on this set because of the boots! The set is really awesome and lots of people would probably be willing to swap boots with you to make them proper. It is possible that some sets have the proper boots packed in them. The boot problem is easily solved. I would rather have the set with the wrong boots, than not have it at all.
        Well,the set isn't going anywhere anytime soon, PLENTY in stock everywhere

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

I don't think the boots are a big deal and didn't even notice until Lonnie made me look as you can't tell when displayed. However, it is interesting to point out the inconsistencies, just like we do with the original Mego figures.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Spyweb007
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 18, 2006

The Marvel sets seem well designed overall with great attention to detail, most of the complaints seem like factory errors. Must be frustrating to put so much thought into the design and then get back these weird little mishaps when the factory ships the final product. I seem to recall some Mego footwear being right left and some being non-specific, a lot easier to replace missing parts when both shoes are the same though.

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

I find this statement insulting. You're accusing me of having a mental disorder. Defamation of character? Very uncool.
              No offense Lonnie, but the wise guy may have a point.

In a 36 post thread started by you, 18 posts are made by you. I'm not a mathematician, but last time I checked that was HALF of all posts!

Not to mention you seem to be replying to your own posts repeatedly (see page 1).

Being referred to as OCD was being kind, I thought. Most people here think you have multiple personality disorder.

Last edited by megowgsh; Apr 14, '16, 5:59 AM.
              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

I wasn't trying to pick out one person but more about ADULTS fighting over toys ! This applies to the big head thing at FTC too. He jumped in and took it personally
                and self appointed himself .

Comment

• DSTZach
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Mar 1, 2012

To be fair to Lonnie, it is a legitimate error, and Lonnie noticed it first, and let us know about it. He started the thread so he could talk to people about it. I find no fault with his conduct. He has a keen eye, perhaps keener than most.

If these were meant to be vintage-style boots, perhaps they would have been identical, and simpler. But they were the modern boots, hence the added detail.

If anyone else notices it, is bothered by it, and has no one to trade with, contact customer service.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

This crow with two left feet that I am eating is a little gamey. Good eye Lonnie. If you make it to Mego Meet I may ask you to assess my Deadpool boot situation.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by wise guy
                      I wasn't trying to pick out one person but more about ADULTS fighting over toys ! This applies to the big head thing at FTC too. He jumped in and took it personally
                      and self appointed himself .
                      You posted the comment in the thread I started about Emce/Diamond Select Toys Deadpool. There was no fighting whatsoever in the thread. Nothing in my thread about Deadpool boots has anything to do with FTC or oversized heads that they produce. You want to call the FTC collectors mentally ill, go to their section of the forum. I just assumed, (wink,wink), that you were posting about this thread...

Comment

• Riderfan
                        Megos are cool
                        • Feb 14, 2012

I wasn't trying to pick out one person but more about ADULTS fighting over toys ! This applies to the big head thing at FTC too.
                        I hear you brother, it does get old after awhile...really old...like, mind numbly old...

But this is a forum where everyone is entitled to voice an opinion.

K
                        I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Great...I'm moving and I've already packed my set away, so I can't even check.
                          sigpic

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

You posted the comment in the thread I started about Emce/Diamond Select Toys Deadpool. There was no fighting whatsoever in the thread. Nothing in my thread about Deadpool boots has anything to do with FTC or oversized heads that they produce. You want to call the FTC collectors mentally ill, go to their section of the forum. I just assumed, (wink,wink), that you were posting about this thread...
                            You are fighting over toys and you are an adult get it ! . I asked if there were right and left boots or were people looking for things to OCD on ? .
                            You were right about the boots and in many other things too . I don't think you have OCD because you usually seem to be a smart collector that pays attention to detail
                            and I respect your opinion. I am on the FTC site a lot and I rarely post on Emce site .
                            Last edited by wise guy; Apr 15, '16, 9:07 AM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

You are fighting over toys and you are an adult get it !
                              Where is the fight that you are referencing? I'm finding no evidence of any altercation related to Deadpool or his boots. Can you please direct my to the incident by way of a link or something?

Comment

• BATMAN89
                                Mego obsessed!!!
                                • Jul 20, 2010

Thank you Lonnie for pointing out the boots, and thanks for the trade.
                                I just assumed the boots were identical like most Mego boots were.
                                I believe that is what happened at the factory too. The workers just grabbed 2 boots, packed them and moved on to the next set.
                                As for these figures, I am loving them. We all complained about the price, but FTC keeps raising their prices. The thing with DST/EMCE is their heads are dead-on in scale. No balloon heads. Worth the money for sure!
                                Every new sculpt FTC is putting out is larger than Mego scale, unless you are comparing them with Ponch!
                                Last edited by BATMAN89; Apr 20, '16, 6:00 AM.
                                Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                                My Early Custom Megos

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎