Deadpool boots

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amby87
    • Nov 21, 2009

You definitely don't see DSTZach chiming in on this thread to explain away this mess or offer to make things right!!!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by amby87
      You definitely don't see DSTZach chiming in on this thread to explain away this mess or offer to make things right!!!
      It isn't really Zach's job to hunt down all the buyers of this one product to give them replacement parts if they need them. He might not even be aware of the problem. I'm sure if the people who bought this set contact Diamond Select Toys, they would replace the incorrect boots. Hopefully they don't lose too much money replacing miss-packed boots. I'd hate for this to affect future releases. I'm also hoping that they released a bunch packed with the correct boots.

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

Lonnnie - mine look to all be right-footed boots:

Want to swap?
        Attached Files
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by pmwasson
          Lonnnie - mine look to all be right-footed boots:

Want to swap?
          I already traded with somebody else, but other people might swap with you.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

This should be the official boot trading thread.

Comment

• DSTZach
              Museum Super Collector
              • Mar 1, 2012

I was waiting to see how widespread it was, what could be done about it, and how many people could even tell the difference before I said anything. It's not particularly obvious, and some people seemed not to notice. Nobody has contacted customer service except Lonnie, that is for sure.

That said, it sounds like the right boots were made, and are all out there, they are just in the wrong sets, which is unfortunate. Trade 'em if you got 'em. If not, contact customer service, which is what the first step would be. NOT posting here and waiting for me to find you. We have a customer service representative for this purpose exactly, while I have a variety of responsibilities and am not here every day.

Comment

• megowgsh
                Customego HoF Curator
                • Nov 19, 2003

Sorry dude, maybe my eyes are going but I can't tell the difference.

It's like saying Mego made right and left Penguin shoes. If they really did I can't tell.
                Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

I can't tell from looking at these pictures either. Is there really a right and a left or are some people looking for anything they can find to O.C.D on ?
                  Last edited by wise guy; Apr 13, '16, 7:37 AM.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by megowgsh
                    Sorry dude, maybe my eyes are going but I can't tell the difference.

It's like saying Mego made right and left Penguin shoes. If they really did I can't tell.
                    I can't either. Tooling for such a slight difference seems like a waste to me, and would unnecessarily complicate the assembly process IMO. I wonder if there's just some slight variation in the boot shape from the curing process? Or variation in multiple boot molds, but not an intent for a left or right boot per se? This set rocks and I really think the line has hit its stride. It's kind of a downer to see a debate about a few millimeters of curve on a boot.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by wise guy
                      I can't tell from looking at these pictures either. Is there really a right and a left or are some people looking for anything they can find to O.C.D on ?
                      I find this statement insulting. You're accusing me of having a mental disorder. Defamation of character? Very uncool.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

The very nice lady who I contacted at Diamond Select Toys told me that left and right foot boots were produced. I'm not sure how wanting the product and pieces I paid for is obsessive compulsive disorder. As far as "I can't tell", well, no comment.

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

Take it for what it's worth but since I did'nt name anyone . I agree with Zach why not just contact customer service instead of making this into a big issue
                          Last edited by wise guy; Apr 13, '16, 7:04 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Meh... this is nothing compared to the shoddy quality control over at M&Ms. Half my bag were Ws!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by wise guy
                              Take it for what it's worth but since I did;nt name anyone . I agree with Zach why not just contact customer service instead of making this into a big issue
                              Yeah, okay. Who exactly did you mean? And like Zach said, I did contact customer care. And they were very helpful and understanding. I think the "big issue" is unlicensed mental health diagnosis...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
                                Meh... this is nothing compared to the shoddy quality control over at M&Ms. Half my bag were Ws!
                                I think this is something they've been dealing with for decades. Contact customer service and complain! Make sure to record the conversation so we can listen to their lame excuses why the problem wasn't fixed long ago.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎