Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Has anyone gotten the 12" figures? The prototype head sculpt on the 12" looks like an older Harry than the 8" figure, but the same could be said of the 8" figure proto compared to the pictures posted here.

I am tempted by the bagged 12" Harry Potter on the FTC website.

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

8" HP looked great. He is done to look like he was in the last 2 movies.

8" Malfoy's head was HUGE! I actually complained thinking they put the 12" head on him. Ended up sending it back unopened to get Ron. Have not gotten Ron back yet.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks, jeffbearco.

One day I will have all three of the 8" figure... as soon as I can clear out some space and then have my BBTS Pile of Loot, with a whole lot of FTC loot in it, shipped.

I may give the 12" Harry a shot. $30 bagged is a good price for a 1/6 scale figure.

It seems like, maybe because of the new book in July, the HP merchandise machine is starting to crank up. Funko just added HP Mystery Minis to their line-up and I am just starting the see the HP Pop! figures show up in Target (after being it Hot Topic forever).

I hope that FTC didn't get ahead of the curve too early with their HP product.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Ewww! Just saw a review of the 8" figures and I gotta say, Ron's noggin looks kind of giant too. Or is it the hair? No matter; I own them now, even if I don't have them in hand.

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

Got Ron today. His face is pretty much in scale. It is the sculpting of his hair that made his head look so huge. And from the picture, that is fairly accurate to the last 2 movies. My only problem with him is that his "flannel" shirt over his t-shirt is way too small. Plus it shouldn't have been done as a plaid on white. It should have been a plaid on brown. The white and the size are just throwing off the entire thing.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

I finally got the 8" figures, but I haven't had time to even pull the tape off the shipping box. Hopefully I can get to them tonight.

Mad I missed the 12" figures super cheap from Toycade on eBay, but all my money went to The Super Friends and Batman Series 4.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

It seems like, production mistakes aside, the biggest mistake with this line was that FTC just released them too soon. The Harry Potter hype machine seems to be On again, with merchandise everywhere. Funko has really ramped up the Potter Pop! vinyls and their Potter Mystery Minis have done really well by me.

Too bad, as I really wanted this line to succeed and it would have probably been my only non-Super-Hero FTC line. Harry was well done; maybe they will at least get those circulated a little better with the new book behind it.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

This would be a great time to come out with another series then.
                  Hernione
                  Snape
                  Dumbledore
                  and if they do a 4th this time, Magonagal.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                    Hernione
                    Snape
                    Dumbledore

JeffBearCO
                    I agree, although I would swap Magonagal with Voldermort, who is a good fit with the Series one figures.

Comment

• jacoblb
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2009

I planned to purchase 3 HP figures from Toycade today, but the sets weren't available and the auction I was watching ended with a sale. Perhaps next payday. I, instead, went to TRU's website and bought the remaining Mezco Thundercats I lacked.

Comment

• jacoblb
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2009

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                        Hernione
                        Snape
                        Dumbledore

JeffBearCO
                        I agree. But hasn't it been stated by someone in the know here there aren't plans for any more HP figures?

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

They keep doing call outs in the newsletter about the HP figures, so maybe they are trying to gauge interest in more figures. I'd actually love to have more of them. I'd actually love for them to redo Malfoy's head to be more in scale.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jacoblb
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2009

I ordered the HP trio today from Toycade as it was payday. In the past I noticed listings for 3 were $54.95 or so with free shipping but the price would sometimes fluctuate and be a few dollars more. I think from $56 to $59, which was still a fine deal.
                            Since there weren't any 3 figure sets listed when I bought them I opted for the $16.95 individual cost with free shipping so I struck a good deal at $50.85.

Comment

• jacoblb
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2009

Received my order of HP figures yesterday. I like them. Harry had two right hands so thank goodness I have a lot of spare parts and that Mego-like parts from CAW, Mattel, DM, and FTC are all interchangeable and I fixed it myself. Factory mistake mistakes obviously happen but it's odd that some worker didn't notice--how can someone not notice the wrong orientation of fingers?

My Ron figure suffers from pigeon toe and has a bit of a wobbly head. In my household everyone thought the Draco likeness was off compared to the others. One of my daughters commented that Ron's hair should have been painted with red paint. Since I'm the only male in the house it was said in my presence that the toymaker should have made the girl figure in the first wave, haha.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎