X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megomania
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Toycade
    Blowing them out. Most below cost. Free shipping even for the 12" set. http://stores.ebay.com/Toycade?_dmd=2&_nkw=harry+potter
    No one buying?

Not being snarky, legit question.

Comment

• Toycade
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jul 8, 2014

Pretty much DOA for us anyway.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

trying to figure out a 66 villain use for Draco. maybe Michael York as the Cluemaster?
        Last edited by thunderbolt; Apr 1, '16, 3:50 AM.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

That's a shame. Harry turned out to be the best looking figure I've gotten in a long time. No issues with costume or body and the head sculpt looks great too. And in person, the head size is a very good match.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

Do you think they would have sold better in their school uniforms or the robe like I showed in the pictures I posted?

JeffBearCO

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

Is there still a market for these ? It seems like Harry Potter has been done to death with legos and toys years ago. Most of that stuff was clearanced out except the books, and movies. It's too bad the most of the remego stuff by FTC is old tv shows when they could be doing modern stuff like The Flash, or Arrow T.V Shows, or New Star Wars

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

If the plan is to market them locally at Universal and in the Orlando area, they'd be huge. THe Harry Potter stuff there gets tons of people
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Maybe Potter 2016 merch is akin to Star Wars circa 86-94 and will kick back into high gear in a few years???
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Toycade
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Jul 8, 2014

Yeah, I think it is simple over-saturation. Anyone who ever wanted a Harry Potter figure got one years ago. It's a shame too because I think they are among the best figures FTC has done. I am also pretty sure the buy-in for FTC wasn't cheap either.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      If the plan is to market them locally at Universal and in the Orlando area, they'd be huge. THe Harry Potter stuff there gets tons of people
                      I hope this is the case. I complain (justly) about FTC, but these figure look excellent to me and deserve to be a success.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 4, 2011

Those are nice figures!

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

I went ahead and ordered Draco from Toycade yesterday. Harry turned out GREAT! Even the tension on the body was good. The head sculpt seems to be as in line as any of the 66 Batman figures. I'm thinking they would have sold better in their school uniforms. Maybe that will be another set of figures

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

Now I'm wondering if they will make any other figures. Or if I should do a custom Snape from an old Hutch figure from the Starsky and Hutch line.

Any word on it there will be another wave of Harry Potter figures?

JeffBearCO

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 4, 2011

I just looked at these figures again and they really are nice! If I was a fan, these would definitely be in my collection. Hopefully they find a market and FTC can make more for the fans.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                                Moderation Engineer
                                • Aug 14, 2003

The line needs a Hermione badly. I am hoping to convert streetwalker Glinda if FTC doesn't make one. There's a decent Voldemort head floating around already......I'd probably want a Snape too.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎