X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Type S Body Price Increase

Due to increased costs from the factory the price of the Type S body will be raised to $12.00 starting April 1st.
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

These bodies are worth every penny paid... I just wished that ZICA/CAT started working in the attachable limbs we were promised (i.e. lizard forearms/hands & calves/feet, Trekkies molded boots/calves, etc.). Also with the heads promised as Kickstart stretch goals.

Comment

• jacsfc
      Career Member
      • Aug 2, 2004

What will the discount be for ordering 20?

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

20% seems like quite a jump. Sucks that other factories couldn't compete on the work. I think this is the first increase in over two years (or since they were released)?

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by jacsfc
          What will the discount be for ordering 20?
          You'll still get $3.00 off per body if you order 20 or more.

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
          20% seems like quite a jump. Sucks that other factories couldn't compete on the work. I think this is the first increase in over two years (or since they were released)?
          Yes, this is the first price increase we've done.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Am still hoping you offer the body with the new arm and leg upgrades.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Looking at the body, I have one concern: it looks like the hip joint makes the top of the legs stick out to the side a bit from the crotch piece. Is this how it's actually assembled, or is it just the angle of the shot?

Comment

• jacsfc
                Career Member
                • Aug 2, 2004

Will you be getting clear bodies back in stock?

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by scott metzger
                  Looking at the body, I have one concern: it looks like the hip joint makes the top of the legs stick out to the side a bit from the crotch piece. Is this how it's actually assembled, or is it just the angle of the shot?
                  The hip joints stick out further than I would like but I've seen this on original MEGO bodies too.

Originally posted by jacsfc
                  Will you be getting clear bodies back in stock?
                  Possibly but nothing is planned at this time. It took much longer than expected to sell out of the first run of clear bodies.

Comment

• THX 1138
                    • May 6, 2014

Will you be getting any more bodies in before the first? I wanted to take advantage of the discount before the price increase but it looks like theres only nine bodies in stock. I would have bought the nine plus some brown and glow bodies to make 20 but it wont let me add 20.

Also will the increase inlude the brown and glow bodies?

Any chance that the bodies and upgrade kit eventualy match in color?

Thanks.

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by THX 1138
                      Will you be getting any more bodies in before the first? I wanted to take advantage of the discount before the price increase but it looks like theres only nine bodies in stock. I would have bought the nine plus some brown and glow bodies to make 20 but it wont let me add 20.

Also will the increase inlude the brown and glow bodies?

Any chance that the bodies and upgrade kit eventualy match in color?

Thanks.
                      An order for bodies was recently placed and the new stock should arrive within the next few weeks.

The current stock of brown and glow bodies won't see a price increase.

Yes, the next batch of upgrade kits should match the body color much better.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

I'll ask again, any chance of the bodies being offered with the upgraded limbs?
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          I'll ask again, any chance of the bodies being offered with the upgraded limbs?
                          There are no plans at this time to offer the body with the upgraded limbs.

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by ZICA
                            The hip joints stick out further than I would like but I've seen this on original MEGO bodies too.
                            Thanks for the info. Seems a common problem with modern versions of the classic body; I likely would have bought Doc Mego out of his type 2's long ago if it weren't for the left hips jutting out a bit.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ZICA
                              There are no plans at this time to offer the body with the upgraded limbs.
                              darn, I've been holding out waiting to see if it happened.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎