• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    Any day now, I should have mine!
    Mine What? How many did you order? I want one so bad.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
      Mine What? How many did you order? I want one so bad.
      Why, my new Marvel retro Daredevil set, of course! I'll have an extra Yellow version, if you're interested.

Comment

• Riderfan
        Megos are cool
        • Feb 14, 2012

Just got my set (BTW kids, there's only 1600 of these, so act now!) and overall very impressed. Sure some things IMO could be a little better, but I'm not here to criticize or do a review.

But I would like to address the 'diaper' issue.

Yup, as delivered those trunks are baggy, but they only come up to the bottom of the belt. So I took the belt off & pulled the trunks up as high as I could in the front, making sure the belt would cover up where the trunks are on the waist. Put the belt back on, and yeah a bit better, but still kinda baggy.

So then I got a pair of needle nose pliers & pulled the trunks on the back side up over the belt. If I'm describing this well you'll see I was basically giving Daredevil a wedgie

After several gentle tugs I believe I got the trunks to not look like diapers and almost sewn in.

Thought I'd share this, and if I help one fellow Mego person I'll be happy.

K
        I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I'm very excited to be getting mine tomorrow!

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Sadly enough, I haven't looked at my set well enough to notice the baggy trunks.

Could the baggy trunk issue go away on another body, like the Type-S or Doc Mego's buff body? And is it the design of the trunks? I put a pair of Doc Mego blue trunks on my Mattel Batman and it looked great. Perhaps replacing the trunks would be a solution?

Originally posted by powersthatbe
            ...when I get extra heads like matt Murdock and don blake,i make Starfleet officers out of them as I'm not really keen on Secret identity figures.
            That's a pretty cool idea!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

The trunks would probably fit a 12 inch G.I.Joe figure. Seriously.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Upon inspection, they look less like a diaper, and more like old baggy granny panties...

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

I will order Previews exclusive Mezco One:12 Yellow costume Daredevil like I did the One:12 red DD rather than the DST Retro DD set.

I also recommend the new Disney Store exclusive Marvel Ultimate Series cloth costumed 11.5" Captain America and 10" Black Widow (rooted hair) action figures only $35 each + Tax and FREE shipping with promo code SUPERSHIP at www.marvelstore.com Nice for the price and Disney plans to make Marvel heroes and villians in the line!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

I highly recommend this set to anyone who likes Daredevil. Some alteration to the trunks and the red costume is really great.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I hate the layered trunks look. So un-Mego. But this set has many beautiful elements to it.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        I hate the layered trunks look. So un-Mego.
                        So "Famous Covers" like! I wish they would quit using Famous Covers as ...ahem.... inspiration! Cough(rip off)cough...
                        It would be nice to see them more Mego like!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Variants? I could swear I saw a set with the burgundy pleather singlet unhemmed. Might have been my eyes, though...
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• daz71
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2014

i hate the layered trunks look too i wonder if using stitching on the legs might make it look like sewn in shorts.

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

Red Daredevil Thoughts...

This has been sitting on the floor, under my computer desk. I should be in the bed, but I had to take a quick look.. then I had to open him to take a better look.

I don't know what it is, but each set, except for Deadpool, is a disappointment to me in some way. My DD's body is tight. Really tight. I can't bend the elbows or feet. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was a solid piece of plastic where articulation should be. I will strip it down later this week to get the joints moving.

The head sculpt is amazing. The 'DD' on the costume could stand out a little more than it does. It blends too well with the red uniform.

Not a fan of the faux gloves. I know these don't have to be exactly how Mego would have done it, but I don't see Mego doing the pleather sleeves and red hands combo at all. I think at issue is that the red costume is DD's main costume, yet they are choosing it to be the Mego throwback figure in the set. So the "gloves" feel like a compromise. I'd prefer regular red gloves and if the color matches, I might try a pair of molded FTC gloves, or steal them from my second Super Powers Flash figure.

The belt is interesting. Kind of bulky. A plain red Robin belt would have worked good here. And CTVT actually has one! I may give it a try. Lot's of customizing going on in my head already... The billy club holder looks cheap.

The drawers on the outside look... it's actually not as bad as I expected, from the comments here. Maybe it's because the top was already covered with the belt. On mine, they could be tighter, but they don't look baggy either. What I really don't like is that the crotch of the whole costume doesn't go all the way up to the body. Why, of why? All of these seem to have tailoring issues in that area.

I haven't removed the boots, but they remind me of the Castaway boots. And we are back to that compromise issue. Why not just go with regular red hero boots? It's another modern twist on what is supposed to be the throwback figure of the set, which uses the main and most popular costume.

Ah well. I guess this is why I was in no rush to open it. It's not a bad figure, but it didn't meet my hopes for it either. That head sculpt makes it feel like a great piece for customizing though. I wonder how a megowgsh outfit would look with the head sculpt and accessories? I think I will fool around with the belt and boots to try to get the look I was hoping for as a retro piece. If the price drops and I can get another Red DD cheap, I may try to customize a more modern version too.
                              Last edited by TRDouble; Aug 18, '16, 8:51 AM. Reason: Don't type long posts when tired!

Comment

• daz71
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 19, 2014

i think for a what mego would have done look i would remove the shorts completely as mego didn't use sewn in shorts when the suit was mainly one colour ie cap,invisible girl,mr.fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎