X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Type Two
    Career Member
    • Sep 20, 2010

Mego Clamshell Question

I finally ran out of Castaway clamshells. Does any other company make a clamshell with the same (or similar) dimensions as the Castaway clams?

Thanks!
    Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.
  • SKotK
    Career Member
    • Mar 11, 2014

Ditto that. My last batch of cases was ordered from Zoloworld, and while they're good cases, they have a lot of extra package sticking up above the card, which makes them extra tall. I was hoping to find some that fit more perfectly around my Star Trek carded figures.

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• daz71
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2014

i just tried my carded uhura in a doc mego clamshell and it fits perfect.

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

Docs clamshells are perfect for the larger carded Star Trek and POTA figures.

Comment

• SKotK
          Career Member
          • Mar 11, 2014

I've been hearing conflicting reports about this. Previously it was said (I believe even by Doc himself) that the clamshells made for EMCE stuff don't fit over *original* MEGO carded Star Trek figures. And you guys are saying that they do?

If I could be 100% sure, I'd order a batch from Doc to outfit all of my carded ST 8" figures...and then I could display them all (EMCE and original MEGO) next to each other.

Pictures or it didn't happen!

--SKot

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• daz71
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2014

this is a doc mego clamshell
            P1000926.jpg
            P1000927.jpg

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

I have a Purple suit Herman on card from CTVT in a cast-a-way clamshell. When I pulled it out of storage a while back I noticed that the original blister had ripped/popped off the card. It appears that the card and blister did not line up completely. Thus the pressure of the clamshell pushed on the original blister until it popped off.

Comment

• SKotK
                Career Member
                • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by daz71
                this is a doc mego clamshell
                Hmm...seems to be working pretty well there. But why, then, does Doc say right on his site:

Resealable clamshell
                $5.00
                Now back in stock and ready for immediate shipping. Used for EMCE Toys action figures. Does not fit vintage carded megos.

Maybe it doesn't fit *some* vintage carded Megos, but it does fit Star Trek?

Also: isn't Uhura's bubble a little smaller than the others? Does it fit the male figures and later Aliens series?

--SKot

Comment

• daz71
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by SKotK
                  Hmm...seems to be working pretty well there. But why, then, does Doc say right on his site:

Resealable clamshell
                  $5.00
                  Now back in stock and ready for immediate shipping. Used for EMCE Toys action figures. Does not fit vintage carded megos.

Also: isn't Uhura's bubble a little smaller than the others? Does it fit the male figures and later Aliens series?

--SKot
                  i have no idea she is the only carded one i have.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by SKotK

Resealable clamshell
                    $5.00

--SKot
                    Allow me to clarify... Doc Mego clamshells will fit Star Trek and POTA cards WITHOUT the bubbles...

Comment

• SKotK
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                      Allow me to clarify... Doc Mego clamshells will fit Star Trek and POTA cards WITHOUT the bubbles...
                      Aha! That's the answer I figured on.

Okay, so those won't do, since all my figures have cards and bubbles. Looks like Zoloworld is the only option I know of at the moment.

--SKot

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎