X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions Mini Sode 1: Movies We Watched

Due to all the nice requests about making more Pod Casts and our desire to talk, we've started a new concept here.

Presenting the first Mini-Sode, an extra half hour show each month on a variety of topics that are perhaps not long enough for our standard format.

For our inaugural mini-show we decided to pick a simple question "What were the last two movies you watched?" and it goes all the map from Italian futuristic gladiators to talking bears to super human Simon Pegg to punks in Toronto.

Topics Include: Fulci, Kentucky Fried Movie, Zombie, Monty Python, Simon Pegg, Paddington, Peter Capaldi, Vic Morrow, Fred Williamson, Running Man, Mandingo, Meatballs,

Hit us up on our facebook page with your feedback.

Download the Show Here

Listen here

Show Notes:

on the PodStallions Facebook page!

PODSTALLIONS ON ITUNES
    PODSTALLIONS RSS FEED

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I'd call them Mini-Pods!

Fun episode. I don't think I've seen any of those films. Maybe that first High School flick you mentioned. That sounds vaguely familiar.

Thanks for the explanation on the Roku box. So, do you have to pay any monthly fees, or do you just buy the box, and have the channels, kind of like antenna TV?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Just listened to this, and I have to say, (in my Chris Evans voice) "I get that reference!"

Listening to Brian talking about Class of 1984 had me squeeling with delight. When he mentioned Perry King, I started yelling "Han Solo from the Radio Drama!!" and of course Jason chimed in with that.

But I could totally relate to Brian talking about loving the film as a chronicle of familiar locations from his past. Turns out actor Stefan Arngrim (who was in class of 1984) filmed a movie in MY hometown called "Fear No Evil". In fact, my daughter goes to the Middle School where they filmed, and I've watched lots of events in the gymnasium where they filmed the infamous bloody dodgeball setpiece. (We've even scoured the bleachers for any remnants of 40 year old stage blood!) So when Brian followed up by mentioning the film in a positive way, I high fived the podcast. I thought I was the only person who even knew about Fear No Evil, much less had any appreciation for it.

I see there wasn't much feedback on this particular episode, but I absolutely loved it. Could you guys do more on Italian horror and exploitation films? Nobody could outdo Hollywood like the Italians!

Great episode. More, please.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Fear No Evil rules! It introduced 11 year old me to the Sex Pistols and I was never the same.

Italian exploitation is huge on my list, I am very partial to their Mad Max/Escape from NY rip offs.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

There are a ton of the Mad Max ripoffs being released to blu ray lately. I think Code Red is doing a bunch.

I vividly remember when they were filming Fear No Evil here and put out the call for extras for the big beach setpiece on Lake Ontario, but was too young to convince my parents that we should go. You can also see one of the mean girls getting Abbot's frozen custard, which is a staple of Rochester, NY. Also, when they first show the school, there's a janitor who is ogling some female students while sweeping... he was still working when I went to Jr. High. He would always sneak up behind you when you were eating lunch in the cafeteria and shout "Look Out!" while jabbing a finger into your kidney. It always got big laughs, yet was truly terrifying.

Somewhere on my computer I have some snapshots of the school and the infamous fire escape where we see Andrew leering down in the film. I'll try to find it.

If you're ever in town, I'll give ya the tour!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎