X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
    I just checked 'em out. Nice. Deadpool is one of those characters where I could break my self-imposed 8 inch-only rule and give him a standalone spot on a shelf.
    Yep! I took the dive on the Hot Toys version. That appears to be one expressive figure you can really have fun displaying. He should be out in July. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

A couple of positive things I didn't mention above is that I really like the sculpt of the heads, including the Wade Wilson "pizza" face. The heads are in perfect scale and are just right in hardness (not too hard and not too soft). Also, the swords and sias are made of a stiffer plastic and aren't floppy like some toys which is great.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• hobub
        Ghost of a Dead Indian
        • Jun 18, 2001

Question: Where is the best/cheapest place to get a durable red body? I have spare T2 bodies but I know he's going to want to rip these out and display or (dread I say , play with ) all three of these figures. I agree with the red hands and don't want to subject a T2 spidey body to certain destruction.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ I picked mine up from FTC. Only the ones that say China made though. For me the experience has always been good.
          Here's a link -

I'm taking the hands off that one to replace the flesh tone hands on the retro version and using the body for the modern Pool with that head and hands.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

I don't think there is one. Best bet is to find red hands and put them on an S-type body from Zica.

Comment

• hobub
              Ghost of a Dead Indian
              • Jun 18, 2001

Got it, thanks. This is helpful. I'm sure he's going to bust it up but he's getting older so maybe not. Hopefully durable enough to last a bit.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

*sigh* Each set, there is always something...

I think the modern Deadpool looks fine as is on a Type-S body, so as long as my order is not canceled , that's what he will go on.

If the FTC red body is any good, maybe I will get one of those and move the retro Deadpool onto it and use that body for something else.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

I have several Zico type s bodies ready to go for future sets,but I'm a lil concerned my wolverine head doesn't seem to stay on very well,anyone else having trouble with the heads not very secure? Dr Megos are expensive right now as he's low on stock currently.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

The Deadpool figure in the box doesn't look like the prototype. The original had the black around the ankle and an arm band. He also had red hands and it looks like a red body. The final product falls far short of the prototype! It doesn't even look like a good custom. It's costume doesn't fit at all. They need to use a pattern that fits the body. These have so many issues with the final product, I'll be surprised if they make any for 2017!

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

I just got my two sets of deadpool.i love them .very pleased.the heads are nice.not that painted bit like Thor and the others.I like the mego one.although mego would have given him red hands .or the whole body in red.the new versions are really cool .the red update is nice.and probably my favorite.the merc white figure is also cool.my problem-need some bodies.why I haven't even got the third built up.and now I get these deadpools.ill get to them.looking forward to it.i would like to get the exact bodies these sets are suppose to be on.ill ship around .well done diamond /emce.i admit I don't know to much about this character.just read the booklet.have yet to see the movie.its just he looks so cool.i wonder why punished is not pictured on the box?.also busy with my new ftc figures.this retro mego thing is expensive but sure fun.i tell you that.buy deadpool a winner.

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

Thors haven't been built up yet that is

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

Shop around.punisher not pictured

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

I got an email from amoktime stating the deadpool sets arrive next week adding guaranteed

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by tllgn
                              Shop around.punisher not pictured
                              That's not a good sign for the Punisher. I hope he still gets released! I want more Spidey support characters.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

I don't like the way the retro box window is made smaller by having a big warning. That's stupid. It's on the outer box already!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎