Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Just watched BvS Dawn of Justice. Probably the best super hero movie yet. People love to talk Cr@p!

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Glad we are giving BVS some love here...
      sigpic

Comment

• gummi
        Career Member
        • Dec 2, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
        I must say I'm confused by all the fuss over Wonder Woman. She was okay, but contributed nothing at all to the story. Every one of her scenes could have been cut from the film and the events and outcome would have been exactly the same.
        That's how I felt overall about the addition of Wonder Woman. While it was great to finally see her on the big screen, it proved to be completely unnecessary, except for the sole reason of introducing her for her future movie. The addition of unnecessary elements was my biggest gripe with the movie overall. It was almost like the executives at Warner Bros. sat everyone down before filming and said, look run time is the most important thing here. We're going to need it to be at least two and a half hours long to be sucessful, and we don't care what you have to throw in there to make that happen!
        "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• mego maniac mark
          Career Member
          • Aug 3, 2010

Has anyone seen it in IMAX? That's how I am seeing it Monday
          mego's befo ho's

Comment

• YoungOnce
            Career Member
            • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Marvelmania
            I haven't even seen BvS yet, I'm going tomorrow but I'm already thinking that the only movies that can possibly save DC would be WW and Shazam that are upcoming. They can turn things around but they'll have to make some serious changes. #1 get rid of Snyder!!!!
            I can't imagine how they could keep this grey, somber tone with the Shazam movie.

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

I wish that were true given the popularity of Dwayne Johnson but I think they'll find a way. So far they always do. I wish so so much they'll prove me wrong. not a huge DC fan but I am a fan of all things superhero so I want them to succeed! I mean to think they took the all American Boy Scout in Superman and made him so dull, grey and joyless it wouldn't surprise me. They have the best actor possible to come along to play Superman but yet they fail. I really hope once I do see BvsS I'll at least enjoy it. I'm going in with an open mind and not expecting much but if I can find a bit of enjoyment in it then it's worth the price of a ticket.

Comment

• MegoSteve
                Superman's Pal
                • Jun 17, 2005

Originally posted by YoungOnce
                I can't imagine how they could keep this grey, somber tone with the Shazam movie.
                They'll figure out a way to suck the joy out of him, definitely.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                  Just watched BvS Dawn of Justice. Probably the best super hero movie yet. People love to talk Cr@p!
                  I wasn't aware a difference of opinion equaled crap.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

^It does in the FTC threads.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                      valar morghulis
                      • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                      The following video is both funny and sad.

You do feel for Affleck, as he put his life and soul to the project...but I also couldn't help but chuckle at this...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv2...BdBnwdTGljM2FQ
                      That is so darn good, and of course there's a bunch of them out there now..

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        ^It does in the FTC threads.
                        just to certain people.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by MegoSteve
                          They'll figure out a way to suck the joy out of him, definitely.
                          I'm scared as hell for cinematic Captain Marvel, even more than Aquaman. Current WB cannot pull it off in any aspect, IMO.

I'd have Joe Johnson direct.
                          Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 27, '16, 4:51 PM.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

I've said for years John Cena is the only guy who can play Shazam.

I know someone here hates that idea (Hector, was that you?), but the guy proved himself in two big comedies last year. Now add he's built and sounds like how a ten y/old would envision a superhero and it's a perfect fit.

Odds are you will never see him in a JLA movie, but he would be so much bigger than Cavil it would make the entire Superman/Clark Kent act credible.

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

Re: Luthor. When you look at the comments from Snyder/Goyer post-MOS release you can see a lot of their Luthor ideas in BvS but not in Luthor. IMO, after MOS wrecked WB they were told a direct MOS2 story wasn't happening and Batman was a priority. This would be when they asked Bale to stay on and asked Affleck to direct, which he passed because he wanted control and to be Batman.

Now, the orignial BvS script from '04, was very much based on the World's Finest TAS episode with Luthor/Joker in tandem. Earlier scripts normally have ideas carried over into future productions, (organic webshooters as the textbook example). Synder has also said Joker and Riddler were in earlier drafts.

We also know WB freaked Civil War was going to destroy BvS, so they went to implement JLA now which is how Wonder Woman got thrown in.

So is what happened...

Snyder/Goyer MOS2 was Luthor and Brainiac. WB said "nope Batman is more important except we can't get Bale to agree" and that made somebody pull out the '04 draft as a launch point. Syder/Goyer then pitch a MOS2/TDK Returns hybrid. Bale says he's done, but WB says to move ahead on World's Finest.

At some point, Killing Joke elements are added, Riddler is added. Affleck comes on board and Wayne takes on a lot of the motivations Goyer had originally said Luthor would posses in MOS2. WB then jams JLA/Wonder Woman into the script, Goyer walks, Terrio comes on board.

Around this same time, Joker and Riddler are dropped from BvS and Joker goes from being a presence in Suicide Squad to an actual character.

Now..Snyder recently said Eisenberg was going to be a shock casting as Jimmy Olsen whose killed, but after auditions he thought he had to be Luthor. But as all my nephews have pointed out, they thought Eisenberg was actually going to turn out to be Joker in disguise.

Is that what happened here? Eisenberg was originally cast as Joker-disguised-as Luthor, but then due to the JLA material, Joker was cut and that freed him to be in Squad.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                                I've said for years John Cena is the only guy who can play Shazam.

I know someone here hates that idea (Hector, was that you?), but the guy proved himself in two big comedies last year. Now add he's built and sounds like how a ten y/old would envision a superhero and it's a perfect fit.

Odds are you will never see him in a JLA movie, but he would be so much bigger than Cavil it would make the entire Superman/Clark Kent act credible.
                                Oh good grief, no...

With the Rock as Black Adam, and Cena (gulp) as Captain Marvel, you want the Shazam movie to turn into a WWE all stars flick?

Nooooooooooooooooooooopo.....

Cena is definitely heavier than Cavill (by 50 pounds), but they are both the same height, 6' 1". Cena does not look proportionate...he'd be like a short mini Hulk, lol.

I'd admit though, Cena was funny in Trainwreck, I'll give you that much.

I wish there was a 30 something Patrick Warburton, as he was born to play Captain Marvel...

Too bad he's now 51, what a shame...

Well, he did get to play a superhero before...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎