Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

My local theater has shows starting at 6pm, both 2D and 3D. I think my daughter might go tonight.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• mego maniac mark
      Career Member
      • Aug 3, 2010

I'm looking forward to one of the three reviews from Hector.
      I have tickets in IMAX for Monday. It can't be as bad as the critics say. Just like the acclaimed movies aren't as good as they say.
      I am stoked to see it. Normally I would be out tonight at first showing, but I am waiting.
      mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Hope you are right... ^^^^^^^^^

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I'm leaving in one half hour from now.

I'm going to pass on the popcorn and soda...kinda late.

But will order one Long Island ice tea...yes, the theater has a full bar...a tad pricey...but they sure make them good...I might need it for this movie...

Later!

sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            Enjoy your adult libation, Hec, and especially your movie! Be sure to give us your thoughts when you get a chance, compadre!
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Thanks!

Im inside the theater aiready, about 40 min from showtime

Multiple showings, three or four screens showing the flick at the same time...people squeezed in like sardines.

So much so, they decided to open up a 1am slot, thats way too late for me, lol

Will turn off phone soon...
              sigpic

Comment

• SeattleEd
                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                • Oct 24, 2007

Just saw it. It was okay. WW stole the fight sequences and Ben did a great Frank Miller Bats.B+/A-. Very graphic novel feel.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 3, 2010

After no post since midnight, I am fearing Hector is outside Zak Snyder's house trying to get his hands around his neck 😝
                  mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

I just got back...took a much needed bathroom stop after the show...then headed to Jack N the Box...had me a Double Jack, fries...and a Diet Dr Pepper...

The verdict?

My previous A, B, and C list:

A. My god...this was the GREATEST superhero movie I've EVER seen in my life
                    B. The movie was good overall, there were some good stuff...and not so good stuff, decent movie
                    C. Zack Snyder...I want to personally strangle you to death

Somewhere between A and B...it was very good, but not the greatest superhero movie ever. However, I just don't get the critics' hate...nowhere near what they are saying, not even remotely close in my opinion.

I'll write a spoiler free review before I go to sleep.

I'm going to strictly review mostly characterization...so please bare with me.

The Good:

The Trinity...

1. Ben Affleck: Fantastic Arkaham type Batman, some are not liking some of the stuff he does, but I did...he looked hulking yet quick...merciless, baddarze, the suit ruled, the armored suit ruled, the voice was perfect...this Batman mops the floor in terms of fighting against all the previous on screen Batman's put together. He rules, I love Batfleck...and this is coming from someone who was crying the loudest at his initial casting, but Affleck nailed the role. His Bruce Wayne was not as good...Christian Bale is still the best Bruce Wayne. I mean, he was good...but he's too famous,..while his Affleck persona completely disappeared as Batman...when he was Bruce Wayne...I kept saying to myself, hey, that's Affleck, lol. The Batmobile, while not my favorite looking (that goes to the 60s TV one)...it was the mightiest...a pure don't mess with me vehicle.

2. Henry Cavill: Vastly improved over the Man of Steel. This time you really get to see how heroic Superman truly is. He's not perfect...as Christopher Reeve still remains my all time favorite Superman (although not crazy about his Clark). He does sometimes come across as one note a couple of times...Znyder should really set him free. He should have more of a personality...Bruce doesn't need it...but Clark certainly does. But where he shines in...was showing his struggles to fit in...trying to do the right thing, when half the world was against him. He portrayed that effectively. Guy is a stud, chiseled, powerful looking. Out of all the characters...he's the one that will make you a bit teary eyed. He makes a solid Superman.

3. Gal Gadot: She friggin stole the movie!!!!!!!!!!! She does not have much screen time...but oh my goodness, when she first appears as Wonder Woman...the entire theater erupted in loud cheers...I still get goosebumps thinking about it, lol. I LOVE her theme music too, I don't care what anybody says. She's a BADDARZE! As either Diana Prince or WW, I couldn't take my eyes off of her...she's so mesmerizing. I adore her accent too, fits the character. Out of the future stand alone movies, she's the one I'm most looking forward to. What perfect casting, she was born to play Wonder Woman.

The rest, I'm going to condensed a bit, falling asleep now, lol.

Jesse Eisenberg. Surprisingly good. This might get me some hate here, but he made a far more complex Lex Luthor than either Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey. Sure, he looked nothing like the Luthor we all love to hate...but he was a true chameleon...coming across as charming and witty...as well as a true vicious psychopath.

Jeremy Irons. What great casting...I loved his Alfred...he had probably the funniest lines...loved how he handled Bruce. Michael Caine was also a great Alfred...but I liked Irons even better. Gotham's Alfred rules too.

The "other" Trinity...I'll make these short, all very brief cameos...

Aquaman. Jason Momoa is definitely not your classic Arthur. Having said that, he looked mean and powerful as hell.

Flash. Argh, by far, the most disappointing soon to be JL member. I was like, uh? Grant Gustin has nothing to worry about from Ezra Miller...who came across as some scruffy pony-tailed hipster...good grief.

Cyborg. Ray Fisher. You don't really get a sense of what he's going to be like, but that found footage scene was well displayed, reminded me of a cross between Frankenstein and RoboCop.

The BAD:

Lois Lane. I just don't like Amy Adams as Lois Lane. Why couldn't Emily Blunt be Lois Lane? I was like, oh, there she is...oh, there she is again...oh, again...well, again...over and over. Plus Cavill is way too pretty for her, lol.

Doomsday. What a major disappointment. Looked like a poor man's version of the Abomination in the Hulk movie. The CGI was not that great...he looked unfinished, like he was rushed somehow, and added at the last second.

The Flash. See above.

Yes, it could use some humor, some light, some cheeriness, some color...perhaps I'm being biased...but even in the so called slow scenes, I was giddily eating it all up. I enjoyed it immensely. I was 14 years old all over again...this was a thrill for me. I'm definitely going to watch it again...definitely.

On a side note...the theater was packed. I sat at the very back...the first seat from the left. Two teens and a little kid (up at 11pm, lol) sat next to me. The kid (about 10) was for the most part, quiet, which was good. But when Batman and Superman started fighting...the kid started cheering for Batman, lol. Every time Bats punched Supes, he screamed, YEAH. Every time Supes hit Bats, the kid would cover his eyes and uttered, NOOOOOOOOO. Bloody kid, I wanted to Batkick him, lol.

Anyway...I'd give Superman an 8.5/10.

I have spoken!

I'm beat...going to bed now.

See ya later!

P.S. Bloody Jack N the Box burger...now I have heartburn...
                    Last edited by Hector; Mar 25, '16, 8:15 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by mego maniac mark
                      After no post since midnight, I am fearing Hector is outside Zak Snyder's house trying to get his hands around his neck ��
                      I went to a 24/7 Jack N the Box...that's why I came home much later, lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

So glad you liked it Hector!!! How was the audience reaction once the movie ended?

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Now I can't sleep, lol.

The audience applauded at the end of the movie.

Most critics are hating it...but the audience I was with, liked it.

I was hearing from people leaving the theater that they would watch it again...
                          sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Great news!!! So glad it was a memorable event for you Hector. It's nice to hear positive word from those you trust for a grounded opinion. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

No problem my friend...thanks.

Ok, now I'm definitely going to get some zzzzzzzzzz's...will try to get about four to five hours in.

Talk to you in a few...
                              sigpic

Comment

• Marvelmania
                                A Ray of Sunshine
                                • Jun 17, 2001

Really happy that you enjoyed it and had such a fun time. Most of your comments are about the same as I've heard, very good movie but not the best and especially about how Gadot stole the show. I'll be checking it out Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎