Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

It's getting pretty much drawn and quartered by the critics thus far. 41%, 48 reviews, an overwhelming amount of them negative...
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ It's a Snyder film. He has never made a movie that has won enormous consensus from a big audience. He is too divisive in his style and has this tendency to promote the seedier side of the human condition. It doesn't mean he's not a good director, but his style is not for everyone. THAT is why I was stunned WB picked him to carry this franchise. But ultimately the only opinion that counts is your own. Hector I hope it's a great film for you buddy. You have such a great love for Supes, I hope it was worth the wait for you my friend. My fingers are crossed you enjoy it.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Initiate Marvel Review Bias in 3...2...1...

There's no way it's as bad as the RT number.

No freakin way.

Topline critics cannot stand superhero movies without a non-haha bent. They find it all an absurd joke so they get ****y when the movie doesn't acknowledge that everyone is slumming it for dolllars.

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector
          What spoiler alert?

That's my personal opinion, man, I have no idea what happens, haven't seen or read spoilers yet, lol...
          Obviously I'm joking and I don't think anyone thought one would be killing the other one at the end of the movie
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

My bad...

sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by hedrap
              Initiate Marvel Review Bias in 3...2...1...

There's no way it's as bad as the RT number.

No freakin way.

Topline critics cannot stand superhero movies without a non-haha bent. They find it all an absurd joke so they get ****y when the movie doesn't acknowledge that everyone is slumming it for dolllars.
              That's just it though...comic book superheroes ARE absurd. Marvel movies are full of outlandish characters and over the top theatrical villains, but damn are they FUN. That's why the Flash TV show is so great. A guy wearing a bat suit fighting an alien and along comes an Amazon and a guy who talks to fish, and we're supposed to act like it's The Godfather or something.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                Career Member
                • Apr 30, 2015

Got tickets for midnight showing tomorrow night. REALLY can't wait for this. I'm more excited for this than Star Wars.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Jeremy Jahns gives a Spoiler-free review.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

I haven't seen a DC movie since Superman 2 that was done right. I enjoy most of the Marvel ones.
                    To me, this doesn't sound like the Superman character I love.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Marvelmania
                      A Ray of Sunshine
                      • Jun 17, 2001

Caught Superman the Movie on Sci-Fi last night and fell back in love with Superman all over again. I'm going to try to see this one at an early showing on Sunday. I'm sure seeing it in a theater will only make it that much more fun and enjoyable. Only about half of the superhero movies that come out will I pay to hit the theater but I think this one deserves the full treatment.

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

A no spoiler review. Focuses on the structure, scale and themes. I've found myself in agreement with him more than anyone for 15+ years.

That ‘Dawn of Justice’ works as much as it does is a surprise. From the get-go the film has been saddled with immense pressure to right the wrongs of the often tedious “Man of Steel,” to smash together two iconic characters normally on the same side, and to serve as the launchpad of a new […]

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                          Banned
                          • Jun 23, 2001

It just got killed by Newsday here in New York. Not a Batman or Superman fan when it comes to DC Comics...so I'll wait until this film is in the discount DVD bins. Oh... 2 1/ hours for this movie??!!?? BIG TIME PASS!!! There is no way that this story should take that long to tell. In the review I read there seems to be a LOT of plot holes in the film. I've been a DC fan my whole life...this is one more nail in the coffin for DC in my book. They no longer get any $$$ from me as far as their comics are concerned. The TV series have been a huge "Hook" to hang my hat on right now. Love Arrow and Flash. Like Legends Of Tomorrow and I am really starting to get into Supergirl. Man, I almost forgot how GREAT Gotham is. I hope Preacher stays true to the book...and who knows, maybe they can bring back Constantine.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                            A no spoiler review. Focuses on the structure, scale and themes. I've found myself in agreement with him more than anyone for 15+ years.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/reviews/...awn-of-justice
                            You saw it?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Man, I'm buying the soundtrack, that's for damn sure,

Anybody wants to hear Wonder Woman's theme music?

Man, her music is great...she looks great...even the critics who didn't like the movie...do dig Wonder Woman. She's 5' 10", and definitely does not come across as skinny, she's quite a statuesque woman...not Ronda Rousey muscular (who is only 5' 7" by the way)...but more like a toned aerobics instructor, ha.

I might start collecting exclusively Gal Gadot Wonder Woman stuff

Can't get that music outta my head...been humming it all morning...

sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
                                Man, I'm buying the soundtrack, that's for damn sure,

Anybody wants to hear Wonder Woman's theme music?

Man, her music is great...she looks great...even the critics who didn't like the movie...do dig Wonder Woman. She's 5' 10", and definitely does not come across as skinny, she's quite a statuesque woman...not Ronda Rousey muscular (who is only 5' 7" by the way)...but more like a toned aerobics instructor, ha.

I might start collecting exclusively Gal Gadot Wonder Woman stuff

Can't get that music outta my head...been humming it all morning...

Sorry Hector, but I thought that was terrible. Not memorable at all...I listened to it twice. There's no recognizable theme there...it's just a repetitive pounding and very dark, much like MOST of Hans Zimmer's music.
                                For my money the best superhero theme that's come out in the last several years is Alan Silvestri's Captain America theme.
                                It perfectly captures the era, is extremely uplifting...everything a super hero theme should be IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎