Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Stretch Armstrong is getting a US release.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remco Monster
    GLOWS in the Dark!
    • May 3, 2006

Picked one up at Target yesterday.

The good

Same weight as original, you can still knock out your sibling with him.
    Stretches like the original, weeeeeeee!!!!
    Nice reproduction of the head sculpt!

The bad

Painted on trunks (SO dumb, I would have gladly paid another $5.00 to have an accurate reproduction.)
    Paler than the original....just like most reissue and retro figures. ***?
    Box is pretty lame, should have done a reproduction of the original.
    A couple ripples in his skin at the neck where the head is attached, like in Iron Mego's picture above.

All in all I am really happy with him though. Stretching him for the first time brought back a lot of memories. I CAN NOT wait for Stretch Monster. They better get him perfect....or there will be hell to pay!

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by HardyGirl
      Me too. Hey is anyone gonna get the "World's Smallest" Stretch from Super Impulse? I thought that would be a good prop for my boy (dolls) room.
      I hope to get a couple, just not sure where he'll pop up though.
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Iron Mego
        I hope to get a couple, just not sure where he'll pop up though.
        The website says Barnes and Noble and Walmart.
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Iron Mego
          Wake Up Heavy
          • Jan 31, 2010

Ooh, perfect. I couldn't find that info when I looked.
          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 18, 2015

I got mine yesterday. Such a wonderful toy!
            The hands that grip.

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

Nice new avatar, too.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• megomania
                Persistent Member
                • Jan 2, 2010

Picked up my Target order yesterday, opened it today.

Meh. Underwhelmed....just doesn't have the same allure as it did when I was a kid. My 5 yo old thought it was ok. We'll keep it hanging around the house...

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

BTW Tom, I just love when you post pics of Lil' D. He's so cute! And it's great that you can share your history of toys and cartoons w/ him. He's a lucky lil' dude!

Originally posted by MIB41
                  I had the original and these look like perfect castings of that head sculpt. It's excellent. Lil D loved mine so much he begged and begged us to get him one so we went out got another one jsut for him. We now have 2 Stretch Armstrongs in one day. It's been a blast.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words about Lil D and he loves having those comments read to him. You know I did a complete pictorial of him playing with the Aquaman versus the Great White playset when it first came out, but just never got around to posting it. I thought about putting it out there now but it's kind of old news. But thank you for your warmth and support of Lil D. It means allot! You know I have him exposed to just about everything I looked at as a kid. He absolutely LOVES Stretch. Even likes putting him back in his box! I'll take credit for teaching him the packaging value. The Mego figures have been a fun evolution for him but he has this thing for stripping them all. And here I come behind him collecting up the pieces and bagging them so we can dress them down the road if he so chooses. I think the dressing concept is still a bit over his head right now, but he loves the experience. His favorite heroes are Batman, Superman, and Aquaman. But I think his favorite toy line is Imaginex (when he's not finding new "blind bags" to explore). I have him buried in that product. He even has the Legion of Doom headquarters so he stays fully entrenched in the genre. Kids seem to gravitate towards that stuff and the frequency of new product releases are crazy. It seems like I see new stuff about every two months. But I digress...

Comment

• HardyGirl
                      • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                      ^^^ Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words about Lil D and he loves having those comments read to him. You know I did a complete pictorial of him playing with the Aquaman versus the Great White playset when it first came out, but just never got around to posting it. I thought about putting it out there now but it's kind of old news. But thank you for your warmth and support of Lil D. It means allot! You know I have him exposed to just about everything I looked at as a kid. He absolutely LOVES Stretch. Even likes putting him back in his box! I'll take credit for teaching him the packaging value. The Mego figures have been a fun evolution for him but he has this thing for stripping them all. And here I come behind him collecting up the pieces and bagging them so we can dress them down the road if he so chooses. I think the dressing concept is still a bit over his head right now, but he loves the experience. His favorite heroes are Batman, Superman, and Aquaman. But I think his favorite toy line is Imaginex (when he's not finding new "blind bags" to explore). I have him buried in that product. He even has the Legion of Doom headquarters so he stays fully entrenched in the genre. Kids seem to gravitate towards that stuff and the frequency of new product releases are crazy. It seems like I see new stuff about every two months. But I digress...
                      Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to see the Aquaman/Shark set photos!

Comment

• Remco Monster
                        GLOWS in the Dark!
                        • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by Jason73
                        Gave my Stretch some proper shorts.
                        Those original, or did you make them? They look original. Someone should seriously repro his shorts. I need a pair, these painted on trunks are the pits.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                          valar morghulis
                          • Mar 8, 2005

Thanks for this thread, I picked up a Stretch over the weekend at Target. SA was one of my fave toys as a kid, and it's great to have him back. I also bought the Stretch Mr. Fantastic and Scooby Doo that came out in the last 10 years, and I have to say I liked them better than this SA incarnation, as they seemed to stretch out better (longer) than SA does. SA's syrup doesn't seem to be as thick as those other two's were, I think that has something to do with it.

Of course both Mr Fantastic and Scooby turned rock solid after only a couple yrs of average temp. storage, so hopefully SA won't meet that same fate..
                          Last edited by Sideshow Spock; Aug 8, '16, 6:43 PM.

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

I've been carrying Stretch around the house the past couple of day to the amusement of my family.
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Jason73
                              Correctamundo!
                              • Jan 11, 2009

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
                              Those original, or did you make them? They look original. Someone should seriously repro his shorts. I need a pair, these painted on trunks are the pits.
                              They are repros. I bought them off ebay a couple of years ago from the same guy that makes repro Stretch Armstrong toys. I was going to use them for a custom project, but never did. They sure came in handy once my new Stretch came home.
                              Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• Jason73
                                Correctamundo!
                                • Jan 11, 2009

Originally posted by pmwasson
                                I've been carrying Stretch around the house the past couple of day to the amusement of my family.
                                Funny. I've been doing the exact same thing too.
                                Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎