X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by captact
    I agree Teemu....i do it all the time too..just check out my updated Batgirl, hair cut and flipped, belt extended to go lower, glued ball joint (upside down) of waist to upper torso, rerooted hair to the sides of the cowl, adjusted front of cape to be more TV accurate along with yellow painted pouches on belt, applied Elmers glue to elbow joints for poseability,...and VUOLA!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18527[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18522[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18524[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18525[/ATTACH]
    ...before and after pic...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18528[/ATTACH]
    looks great.I see you painted the belt pouches.Something FTC should of done to begin with.BUT, that body has to go!

I wish I had a curl Iron as I would do the same thing as you did for mine.

Comment

• jacoblb
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2009

I haven't done the hair curling iron thing for my Batgirl, but I imagine I'll be doing that later on. Mine wasn't the mess others received. As a follow up about my Babs, I got the knee to bend after all. Then my wife discovered the same leg had glue at the hip, but that got resolved by squeezing the less together closed. I can't explain why I didn't catch that.

I didn't take any pictures of the one wonky eye that didn't have a pupil so I used a brush and added a crescent black pupil myself. Basically I just tried doing what the other eye had. It's her left eye, the one you, the viewer see as on the right. The eye is a tad bigger than the other but I suppose all FTC B.G. figures are that way. Anyway, I thought I'd share a picture of an adjustment I made on her lips when I painted over with Candy Pink.bg.jpg
      Last edited by jacoblb; Jun 5, '16, 10:06 PM. Reason: had to use desktop rather than phone to share pic

Comment

• captact
        King of Super Queens!
        • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by tllgn
        this batgirl does look good .i wonder why they didnt use the gloves molded hands that they used for jayna -bat versions of course ,regardless
        she looks good ,got these coming .
        I bought a pair of Jayna gloves for my TV Batgirl,...removed the hands and leaving the nut that holds the hand in place, as the glove inside provides a hole for this to hook on,.... and with a little adjustments,..here are the results;
        20160829085846.jpg
        20160829155539.jpg
        ...forgot to mention,..for these gloves to fit on BG,..her lower gloved arms had to be replaced with normal lower arms, for gloves to fit better and sleeves to be tucked in gloves...
        Last edited by captact; Aug 29, '16, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

^^ sweet ,now that they sell those gloves ,my Batgirl needs this upgrade as well,thax for pics .

Comment

• captact
            King of Super Queens!
            • Aug 19, 2007

^^ sweet ,now that they sell those gloves ,my Batgirl needs this upgrade as well,thax for pics .
            Get them before theyre gone tllgn!

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

another "upgrade" you shouldn't have to do. She should have gotten these gloves in the first place to be consistent with the other Heroes in the line. I have a bad feeling that if we ever see Catwoman she will get the same crappy arms.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• captact
                King of Super Queens!
                • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                another "upgrade" you shouldn't have to do. She should have gotten these gloves in the first place to be consistent with the other Heroes in the line. I have a bad feeling that if we ever see Catwoman she will get the same crappy arms.
                So true indeed!!! She should have came with these gloves like the other ones in the line...

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

I bought a pair of Jayna gloves for my TV Batgirl,...removed the hands and leaving the nut that holds the hand in place, as the glove inside provides a hole for this to hook on,.... and with a little adjustments,..here are the results;
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]19346[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]19347[/ATTACH]
                  ...forgot to mention,..for these gloves to fit on BG,..her lower gloved arms had to be replaced with normal lower arms, for gloves to fit better and sleeves to be tucked in gloves...
                  That looks good, captact.

Would it be a simple process to just transfer Batgirl to a new FTC female body, or do you have to remove the lower arms to get the costume off anyway? And do the Jayna gloves come with pegs to plug the glove into like the male plug-in gloves?

Thanks!

Comment

• captact
                    King of Super Queens!
                    • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble
                    That looks good, captact.

Would it be a simple process to just transfer Batgirl to a new FTC female body, or do you have to remove the lower arms to get the costume off anyway? And do the Jayna gloves come with pegs to plug the glove into like the male plug-in gloves?

Thanks!
                    yes...thats a better idea,..swapping the bodies,..but i had to swap elbows cause i didnt have a whole body,..only parts. As for the hole in the glove,..yes,..it has it! So for the glove not to fall off and be able to turn at wrists,..i removed the hands and just left the peg for the glove to attach. the fins on gloves are cut purple foamy TRDouble.

And one last advice,..try handling BGs outfit when removing with care,..the shine on outfit tends to wear off when touched to much!

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

yes...thats a better idea,..swapping the bodies,..but i had to swap elbows cause i didnt have a whole body,..only parts. As for the hole in the glove,..yes,..it has it! So for the glove not to fall off and be able to turn at wrists,..i removed the hands and just left the peg for the glove to attach. the fins on gloves are cut purple foamy TRDouble.

And one last advice,..try handling BGs outfit when removing with care,..the shine on outfit tends to wear off when touched to much!
                      Thanks. I think I will order the gloves the next time I order some parts and give them a try. Maybe grab an extra pair of yellow for the upcoming Batgirl too.

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19346[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]19347[/ATTACH]
                        how well do the gloves match the color of the boots? The gloves look a lighter purple than the boots

I also did a 66 batgirl pic search and actually FTC has the gloves right...there are not bulky type gloves but more like a sock glove
                        Last edited by Teemu; Aug 31, '16, 3:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎