Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longscarf72
    • Jul 20, 2011

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
    Well...this sort of answers a little bit of the mystery. The head is definitely a new improved over the prototype head...but the body is still awful. Here's an ebay auction that shows the figure in and out of the clamshell:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-1966-...4AAOSwJdlW6xak

Definitely would need to swap out the body and those boots...but it isn't a bad start. Baby steps I guess.
    What's with the long Rapunzel-like hair? Is this Batgirl or Medusa from the Inhumans? Get your scissors ready people!

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Hah! I knew that someone would suggest a use for that head other than Batgirl!!!

Has anyone DONE a Medusa here?
      JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I'm sure I've seen a few Medusa's here. I don't get the oversized cape and too long hair. Does FTC even look at reference pics when they do the prototypes? they could have done these two aspects the right length and saved materials and money.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          I'm sure I've seen a few Medusa's here. I don't get the oversized cape and too long hair. Does FTC even look at reference pics when they do the prototypes? they could have done these two aspects the right length and saved materials and money.
          It's possible that FTC sent the right references/prototype over to the factory,maybe a miscommunication? or the factory did what they wanted anyway....seems to happen alot in the toy industry

I might cut her hair,but worried about losing the body to it at the bottom after the cut

Comment

• drogge
            Career Member
            • Jul 24, 2009

Originally posted by houseofdracula
            I'm not sure what you mean.

1. This is the prototype.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]17856[/ATTACH]

2. This is a photo that I found on Facebook.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]17857[/ATTACH]

3. These 2 photos I found on an eBay auction.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]17858[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17859[/ATTACH]
            What a vast improvement, the actual figure looks so much better than what FTC is showing.The paint on the lips and eyes are much brighter compared with Barbra Gordon on the Surfs Up series.

Comment

• KosmiCKennY
              Igo ugo we all go 4 mego!
              • May 13, 2004

Originally posted by JediJaida
              Hah! I knew that someone would suggest a use for that head other than Batgirl!!!

Has anyone DONE a Medusa here?
              Here is one I done a little while back and had posted on the customs page along with the rest of the Royal Family

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Props to FTC for fixing it before that other sculpt made it out. I probably would have bought it anyway, because of my love the character, but I would have done so begrudgingly.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

I just do not see how the Facebook poster got the belt lower on those hips...

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    Props to FTC for fixing it before that other sculpt made it out. I probably would have bought it anyway, because of my love the character, but I would have done so begrudgingly.

Chris

AGREED!! I wasn't planning on buying this figure, but if that IS the NEW head sculpt...I'm SOLD!! I'll buy a couple! WOW! What in improvement!
                    Last edited by The Bat; Mar 21, '16, 6:53 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Monstar
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Mar 6, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      That's a good point. Maybe they did a body swap?
                      http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

• houseofdracula
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 11, 2011

My hope is that the belt is large enough to do this.
                        The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                        https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 4, 2011

Maybe the added some length to it (in the back?) with elastic or some other material so it would go around her hips? I can see that being done pretty easily.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

What I'm seeing is the same head sculpt. They may have improved the paint application since the prototype, but I'm betting a lot of it is the lighting and camera angle.

The belt I'm guessing is done with double sided tape and unhooking it in the back. I've done this for staging a figure if pieces don't lay right.

The biggest part is the fact that they draped the cape so much better. Yes it is yellow on the inside, but by showing more of the outside, it changes the coloring of the figure dramatically but still shows enough yellow to make the costume pop.

Congrats on staging an average figure to make it look sensational! And YES, FTC does have issues with this when they photograph their figures.

I am a lot more enthusiastic about ordering this now than before.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                              Maybe the added some length to it (in the back?) with elastic or some other material so it would go around her hips? I can see that being done pretty easily.
                              actually,the belt could of been made longer (just like all the other belts they been doing on the figures) where you can achieve the droop belt....look at Superfriends,their belts are too big with extra notches where you see extra belt strap hanging out.It actually looks stupid and you are forced to cut off some of the belt.Superman,Robin,Wonder Twins all have this.

But for Batgirl,it would make sense to have the extra belt notches,but I don't think she has the same belt set-up

Comment

• houseofdracula
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 11, 2011

Scott Brown just posted some clear photos of this figure on the Mego Facebook pages.
                                The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                                https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎