X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

African American female head

A lot of us have used Uhura as a base for customs (mainly Storm) and she works fine but just wondering if FTC may ever put out a generic head with long rooted hair to open up the options. Just thinking out loud...
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Who you tellin'? I've been asking them to make one for YEARS, and all I ever got was a response of, "We'll think about it."

Which I think is just a nice way of them telling me to shut up, but that's just my paranoia talking.

I'd like to see both a painted/rooted version and an unpainted/bald version. The P/R for those of us looking to make quickie customs and the U/B version for those of us that want to do our own rooting, and painting.
    JediJaida

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by JediJaida
      Who you tellin'? I've been asking them to make one for YEARS, and all I ever got was a response of, "We'll think about it."

Which I think is just a nice way of them telling me to shut up, but that's just my paranoia talking.

I'd like to see both a painted/rooted version and an unpainted/bald version. The P/R for those of us looking to make quickie customs and the U/B version for those of us that want to do our own rooting, and painting.
      Yes and Yes! I would love both versions. I'm a white guy but I think there are way too many amazing characters of color (especially women) for there to be such limited resources for customizing and I can only use so many Uhura heads before they all start looking the same. C'mon FTC! Step up! Vixen awaits!

Comment

• lilbrosj66
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 4, 2011

And an 8" Diana Ross? BOOM! Amanda Waller anyone?

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Even a light brown head would be nice. It could be used for Asian and Hispanic characters.

An 8" Diana Ross yes; Amanda Waller NO!
          JediJaida

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

They would have to do a shorter, chubbier version of the female body for Amanda Waller. I always preferred her the way they did her in Justice League Universe. She was heavy, but deadly, standing up to Batman and Lex Luthor!

I'd love to see them cross over and do a full set of JLU figures!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• lilbrosj66
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 4, 2011

Oh! And Lana from Archer!

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Well, is FTC actually doing the Eartha Kitt version of Catwoman? THAT might be the answer to our question. As long as it's the type of head that can be rerooted, I think we will be happy.

And if it's got sculpted hair, we're kind of in a pickle.
                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎