X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melkorjunior
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 20, 2014

Tarzan Question

I'm hoping the Mego scholars on this board can help me with this--I'm looking into buying a Mego Tarzan, but as I never had one as a kid, my knowledge is lacking. I don't want to display him with the lame bodysuit, but I do want to display him with the loincloth, and I'd rather not buy repro pieces if I can help it. So my question is--is the loincloth a separate piece from the bodysuit, or are they sewed together somehow? Will I have to actually cut the bodysuit away from the loincloth to get rid of it? Any help appreciated!
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

The bodysuit is a completely separate piece from the loincloth. As a kid I discarded the bodysuit and did the loincloth-only look for my Tarzan as well.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

I had mine displayed with only the loin cloth for many years as I just did not have the flesh colored body suit. but then I found a body suit in a box of happy meal type toys at a rummage sale for .05 so I had to get it and put it on him

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by knight errant00
        The bodysuit is a completely separate piece from the loincloth. As a kid I discarded the bodysuit and did the loincloth-only look for my Tarzan as well.
        I think many kids did that simply because it made no sense to have Tarzan wearing a beige jumpsuit, although the one I had, I kept complete.
        I'm not quit sure how popular Mego Tarzan was? but I really liked him a lot. I was one of those kids that just had to have (all) the WGSH
        pictured on the box, I liked the different color boxes as well.

Mego probably should have made Tarzan bare chested with leopard trunks, like they did Conan later on although Conan had fur trunks
        at least they gave Tarzan a knife.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎