Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Diamond Select Toys, Check This Out!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Hey Diamond Select Toys, Check This Out!

Considering how well MEZCO is doing with their high end 6" scale line I think DST should consider doing the same with their 8" scale line, and here is the perfect starting point. The customs below were done by the extremely talented Captain Mego (Chris Meimann). The guy can do this type of stuff in his sleep. I've been to his workshop and have seen what he's capable of first hand. Have Chris make your prototypes and then send them to China to be reproduced, simple as that.

• pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Amazing figures! I would love it if they could be mass produced.

(Nice laser!)
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Those are fantastic, but the outfits aren't removable which is a pivotal part of the Diamond deal from what I understand.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Chris, bless him, is a genius. I love his Ant-Man and Wasp.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
          Those are fantastic, but the outfits aren't removable which is a pivotal part of the Diamond deal from what I understand.
          I'm thinking it's more of a price point issue. The MEZCO stuff doesn't have removable close either but their $80 price point doesn't make them competition for Hasbro's Marvel Legends 6" line.

Comment

• daz71
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2014

lovely set of figures.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Non removable clothes are a deal breaker for me, sorry.

They are gorgeous figures, but if I can't remove the clothing to put my own stuff on them, forget it.
              JediJaida

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 12, 2004

I'd love to see someone produce high end 8" figures. I couldn't care less about removable clothes.

Mezco has proven with their One:12 figures that it's possible to make highly detailed figures on a scale much smaller than 1:6.

I'd much rather pay $100.00+ for a really great figure than pay $30.00 for the typical FTC re-MEGO.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 28, 2013

Outside of the superhero genre, I would say that NECA is doing a great job with highly detailed figures. Captain Mego' figures are out of this world.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Craig, that *is* a great idea. Now if only you knew somebody who ran a toy company...

I'd love to see you take another run at a line of Mego figures with the quality of your Buck Rogers figures. You were doing the Mezco thing before it was cool. I think it just needs a more commercially viable property.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

I ordered my first One:12 figure this week. I'm going to allow myself to collect this one line outside of my models. They're just too nice to pass up...I know I'll regret not getting in on them down the road.

BTW...Marvelousnews.com has teasers for Spider-Man, Deadpool, and Red Skull. The Skull looks INSANE!

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

I ordered my first One:12 figure this week. I'm going to allow myself to collect this one line outside of my models. They're just too nice to pass up...I know I'll regret not getting in on them down the road.

BTW...Marvelousnews.com has teasers for Spider-Man, Deadpool, and Red Skull. The Skull looks INSANE!

Comment

• K
                          Fun Will Now Commence
                          • Jun 20, 2001

Never heard of the Wasp but that figure (and all of 'em) are a thing of beauty. Is the Wasp on a Zica Yvonne body??
                          I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by sprytel
                            Craig, that *is* a great idea. Now if only you knew somebody who ran a toy company...

I'd love to see you take another run at a line of Mego figures with the quality of your Buck Rogers figures. You were doing the Mezco thing before it was cool. I think it just needs a more commercially viable property.
                            Trust me, if I had the money and the license was available I'd do highly detailed Marvel figures in a heartbeat. Thanks for the compliment on the Buck Rogers figures, and I'm definitely not done with the 8" figure format

Originally posted by K
                            Never heard of the Wasp but that figure (and all of 'em) are a thing of beauty. Is the Wasp on a Zica Yvonne body??
                            Yes, it's a ZICA Yvonne body

Comment

• PeterRR
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jun 2, 2008

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                              I'd love to see someone produce high end 8" figures. I couldn't care less about removable clothes.

I'd much rather pay $100.00+ for a really great figure than pay $30.00 for the typical FTC re-MEGO.
                              I've been saying that for years about ,mattel, emce and classic toys. It even got me banned from the emce boards. I have a lot of custom figure from another talented person "blackknight" .

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎