Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones 5 officially annouced coming July 2019. Not a reboot.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C.H.O.A.M.
    learning all the time
    • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
    Just no more aliens...or saving yourself inside a fridge from a nuclear blast, lol...
    I didn't see anything after the last crusade, but your quote reminded me of "Ladybug, Ladybug", a devastating 1963 film about schoolchildren dealing with an imminent nuclear attack.

anyway, NO NO NO to shia le doof!!! I like the idea of flashbacks using a younger actor who can eventually take over.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

I think the character only really works Pre-War. Anything after that just feels wrong to me.
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
        I think the character only really works Pre-War. Anything after that just feels wrong to me.
        I agree. the world, and technology really moved on after WWII. Indy as a character really only works with the mystique of the unknown and a guy living by his wits

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

do you think maybe it is just misdirection from Disney and crew? that maybe they are going to do exactly what we all think they should do and do a split storyline to introduce a new actor in the role? I mean, Disney wants a franchise with Indy too. Harrison Ford may be back for this one but he would be in his eighties before another potential movie could happen. I really liked Crystal Skull, but it did have flaws and a lot of people hated it. if they don't get this next one right, it will kill the franchise once and for all

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

To me, the earlier movies have that "age of innocence" feel to it, kind of "romantic", adventurous. Once WWII hit hard, and especially after that, the world had changed, the heroes had changed, and that innocence was no longer there. People had had a taste of the horrors of war.
            It no longer feels like a place for a devil-may-care adventurer. I wish the series hadn't progressed beyond the early part of WWII.
            And that is why Raiders was such a wonderful experience. I'll never forget sitting in that theatre, watching the prologue in the temple, and feeling that sense of pure adventure, unspoiled by the realities of the actual world. Indy needs a bit of that Old World magic...
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              do you think maybe it is just misdirection from Disney and crew? that maybe they are going to do exactly what we all think they should do and do a split storyline to introduce a new actor in the role? I mean, Disney wants a franchise with Indy too. Harrison Ford may be back for this one but he would be in his eighties before another potential movie could happen. I really liked Crystal Skull, but it did have flaws and a lot of people hated it. if they don't get this next one right, it will kill the franchise once and for all
              I'm hoping that, like with SW, they listen to the fans and just give them what they want. I'm not a fan of Skull (mainly because of the over-use of obvious CGI, also because of Mutt), so I hope they go back to basics, old school stunts (don't overdo them, Indy doesn't need that), an old-fashioned yarn. Maybe with a big rolling ball somewhere in there, crushing Mutt in scene one...

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎