• Jan 19, 2004

Gorgeous paint job!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• dr_cyclops
      One eyed, wonder
      • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
      The MPC Super Powers versions went a step farther. The heads were completely resculpted to match the Kenner Super Powers toy heads.
      Thanks, I feel like an idiot for having failed to see something so obvious until now.
      I have a question about the Batman reissues. I'm pretty sure the Comic Scenes Batman had the embossed "Batman" on the tree removed. Did this edition (Comic Scenes) come with the owl?

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
        Thanks, I feel like an idiot for having failed to see something so obvious until now.
        I have a question about the Batman reissues. I'm pretty sure the Comic Scenes Batman had the embossed "Batman" on the tree removed. Did this edition (Comic Scenes) come with the owl?
        No owl and no name on the tree. All the Comic Scenes kits had the nameplates removed.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

Alright Dwayne, I don't feel sorry for your 'sell offs' collections! No! Really! When you can produce this quality in an a Aurora rework, I don't care. Make all the room you need, you artist, you!

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
            Alright Dwayne, I don't feel sorry for your 'sell offs' collections! No! Really! When you can produce this quality in an a Aurora rework, I don't care. Make all the room you need, you artist, you!
            LOL...thanks! You know what put it all in perspective? I bought the '66 Batman/Catwoman statues from Tweeterhead for $500. I also built and painted both the '66 Moebius model kits for $70. My versions look just as good and cost waaaay less.

Last edited by enyawd72; Mar 17, '16, 4:36 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Thanks for the breakdown on the changes, Dr. Cyclops!

I was under the impression Robin's head was changed in the Comic Scenes version of the kit, and then that was carried forward in the Revell reissue, but I could be wrong. The box on the Revell shows the double spit-curls, but the kit inside has the parted hair. I've had that kit for going on 20 years now, and have yet to build it. I have the Batman too. And the Adam West above. Same story. Sigh.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

Chris, once Dwayne pointed out the Super Powers action figure likeness, it all made perfect sense. I just find it odd that Robin was redone and not released at the time.

Dwayne, Fantastic job on 66 Batman and Catwoman. While I'm pretty good at painting, you are incredible.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Started working on the base last night...step by step painting a marble tile floor.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Nice! Plus, you get the DC Go-Go checks of the period as well that way.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Freakin' sweet Dwayne! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎