X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Godzilla: King of the Monsters by GLJ

Just unearthed this sell sheet for GLJ toy's Godzilla bendy from the 1970s, there is nothing I don't like about this toy but the biggest thing is the amazing effort they put into this card art.

The connection to the Marvel Comic with the logo, really doesn't hurt does it?

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I had that Godzilla! It was awesome. Really cute and fun to play with but sadly broke very easily.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I also had it, along with King Kong bendy, many a battles were fought, but "yes" I remember
      the wires would pop out after a short playing time.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Fantastic card photo, I'm kicking myself for not buying that from you several years back (that and your boxed Rodan!).

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

That is indeed, all kinds of awesome.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Cool figure but not sure you could get a thousand poses out of him. Maybe 120.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

He looks like he's telling a story...LOL "And I fought a tank and it was this big..."

Comment

• mazinz
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 2, 2007

I had a number of these through the years. Finally have an in package version. The card art on this was great!! What kid would not want to have a diorama setup like that? Though can anyone tell me what the odd vechicle is supposed to be on the right and what is the odd colored mountain in a tent like objects next to said vehicle? Always stumped me whenever I saw the card for this figure
                "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• dannydontgoin237
                  • Jun 21, 2017

I have one of these, not on the card unfortunately, but with no compound fractures. I was very excited when this was first released - perfect size to fight the mini Shogun Warriors!

Originally posted by RSS

Just unearthed this sell sheet for GLJ toy's Godzilla bendy from the 1970s, there is nothing I don't like about this toy but the biggest thing is the amazing effort they put into this card art.

The connection to the Marvel Comic with the logo, really doesn't hurt does it?

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Comment

• mego
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 16, 2012

WEIRD! I have this guy. Got him when I was a wee lad... the wire in his tail broke right away. Pretty cool Godzilla.

Comment

• J.B.
                      Guild Navigator
                      • Jun 23, 2010

I like how they threw in a M*A*S*H Zylmex Zee helicopter (sans M*A*S*H sticker) to whisk away the injured Tokyo citizens.
                      You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by mazinz
                        I had a number of these through the years. Finally have an in package version. The card art on this was great!! What kid would not want to have a diorama setup like that? Though can anyone tell me what the odd vechicle is supposed to be on the right and what is the odd colored mountain in a tent like objects next to said vehicle? Always stumped me whenever I saw the card for this figure
                        Its a derailed train tanker car and coal car tipped over spilling its contents.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bravestarr
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Mar 26, 2017

Lindo
                          I had this as a kid bcak in 1978

Comment

• mazinz
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            Its a derailed train tanker car and coal car tipped over spilling its contents.
                            Ahhhhh!!!! Thank you!
                            "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎