X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

A couple 70's X-mas photos I found of me with vintage toys

My parents are going through all their family photos, and so far I found a couple with cool vintage toy content. (I hope to find more!)

The first one is from Christmas 1976. It shows me playing with my new Maskatron, and in the background you can also see Steve Austin and the Bionic Transport & Repair Station (from the previous Christmas). You can also see an unopened space gun rack toy above me, and to the right, you can make out a Mego Kirk and Neptunion laying on the floor (I got Neppy that day, already had Kirk) and an Aurora Ghidrah model and Ideal Jaws game. My sister got a Barbie Dream House, so we had an epic play day! Oh, and dig my crazy shirt!

This is from a couple Christmases earlier (at a different house). My sister and I are showing off our new Ernie and Burt puppets (and my new Fisher Price garage is in the background). Gotta love the full ashtray in the foreground, between that and the decor, the photo screams 70's! That's my grandma in the background (the main reason why we had a full ashtray in the room).

• Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I had those Bert and Ernie puppets! Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I remember the Aurora Ghidrah model, they had Rodan too, and I think they also made Anguirus? I remember
      hoping they would do Aurora War of the Gargantuas but never happend, oh well, very nice pictures.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Oh yeah forgot, I had Oscar the Grouch puppet, I loved him, my all time favorite,
        on trash day I would take the covers off the old school trash cans in my neighborhood
        and look inside calling Oscar, drove my Mother crazy, trust me it was a short lived experience.

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

Wonderful pics!!!! You really racked up on some great toys. Upon seeing your shirt I did have a seizure though lol.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

That's awesome! Man we did have some great toys back then...Today's kids don't know what they're missing!

Comment

• acrovader
              Career Member
              • Jan 19, 2011

Nice! I had some of those toys. I have a a lot of Christmas toy photos that I need to digitize. In fact, some of them are on Polaroid or slides.
              I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Marvelmania
                Wonderful pics!!!! You really racked up on some great toys. Upon seeing your shirt I did have a seizure though lol.
                I want that shirt bad! Great pics Mr. Jefferys

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

All I can say is, Maskatron is a beautiful toy and you make a fantastic little Brick Mantooth.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Thanks guys! Looking through some of the other pics, I see that I had quite a wardrobe in that era. Of all the toys in the first pic, the only thing I still own is the Ghidrah model (built up and painted, but no box left). Aurora also made a Rodan model (which I received the previous Christmas) and a Godzilla back in the 60's. Alas, no Anguirus. I'm trying to make out some of my other gifts, and I see a globe, a firetruck set, a magnifying glass (I could use one of those while examining this pic!) and two books behind my hands and Maskastron, an insect book and a field guide to reptiles and amphibians (crap, I still own that book 40 years later!). In addition to a SMDM, Trek and Japanese monster fan, I was also quite the junior zoologist.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Very cool. Thank you for sharing.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

I'm looking more at the furniture and wall paneling

LOVE IT !!!

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 18, 2015

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          I had those Bert and Ernie puppets! Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Chris
                          Me too. Still have them.
                          The hands that grip.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                            • Apr 3, 2007

I know, right?

I have that Ernie puppet. (I think I got it from a member here! Looks like you had some great Christmases, and even better memories. Thanks for sharing them w/ us.

Originally posted by Mikey
                            I'm looking more at the furniture and wall paneling

LOVE IT !!!
                            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 1, 2005

Wow, I think I got both those Ernie and Bert puppets and the Fisher Price garage the same Christmas too Great pics, love stuff like this!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎