Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Cool! Thanks for posting. Knew Black costume Batgirl had to be coming. Glad to see her, especially since the gray Batgirl came out better than I expected.

Bat-girl looks pretty cool too.

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by TRDouble

Bat-girl looks pretty cool too.
      Agree! And kudos on using the correct "Bat-Girl" hyphenation for Betty Kane !

Comment

• Mary Canary
        Career Member
        • Jun 21, 2017

Whoa! Such a cool photo! Thanks for posting it!

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by warlock664
          Agree! And kudos on using the correct "Bat-Girl" hyphenation for Betty Kane !
          LOL!

Addendum... I wish there was a corrected 7" Speedy in the picture. That would have been pretty cool.

Maybe we will get a maskless Beast Boy/Changeling in a second New Teen Titans series.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'd love a SA Batwoman, it doesn't seem too difficult a figure. But I've always been confused by how her costume is shaded (the bodice). Is part of it supposed to be sheer?
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Steeler80
              Mayor of Strunk
              • Jun 29, 2001

Originally posted by kept back
              6 year old me would have literally passed out over that picture.
              My parents would have been wondering why I was hyperventilating. Can you imagine that picture in a JC Penney or Montgomery Wards catalog?

Comment

• houseofdracula
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 11, 2011

Using a child for this type of advertising was the right thing to do in the 70's when Mego was going full force.
                HOWEVER, in today's world, That should be a full grown Adult sitting there with this collection.
                Yes, I'm trying to be funny BUT it is also true.
                The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I want to confess: I've been vocal about my disappointment with certain aspects of FTC, but...

While at my comics/toy shop yesterday, I had the pleasant sight of rows of bright reMegos. I had a momentary flash of memory of seeing the same thing as a child.

So I'm still picking and choosing and critiquing, but I thank FTC for the nostalgia.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Count me in on the "nostalgia love" over that FTC set-up... not much to say that hasn't been said already.

Regarding houseofdracula's comment above... that brings to mind MOTUC's Castle Grayskull box/packaging graphic... seems FTC will be around for a while with their Re-Megos... I imagine they'll photo-shoot something in that vein sometime. A fun (and appropriate) twist on the usual.

"Parent playing alongside child" would also be cool.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎