Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Cheetah Review: The Good, the Bad, and What the Heck Were They Thinking?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

Love, love, love the Mattel retro female bodies, and I really wish Doc Mego would release his redesigned female body as it seems to follow what Mattel did.

Apart from Wonder Woman, Cheetah and Janine from the retro Ghostbusters series, has this body turned up in any other Mattel line?
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I think parts of it are reused in Monster High and probably in the DC Girls line coming out.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^But those are 12" lines, with distinctive slimmer sculpting.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I cannot deal with the thighs on these figures, but that shouldn't surprise anyone here who knows me.

And to be fair, the waist/legs in the male figures are poorly proportioned, too. Big Jim was a well-designed figure. Max Steel was pretty nice, too. RetroAction, fraught with problems.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

Too bad they didn't adapt Doc's original male bodies to be completely bandless back then. That would have solved 90% of the figures problems.
            JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              ^But those are 12" lines, with distinctive slimmer sculpting.
              with the head taking up 2-3 inches of that 12.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Timothy2251
                Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                • Mar 15, 2008

I've seen the larger Mattel lines, and yeah, some parts of the Retro female bodies might be mixed in, but the scale seems a bit bigger. Drat!
                "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Monstar
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Mar 6, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  I dunno, but the Cheetah body sure makes Harley Quinn a lot curvier.
                  I'm in the middle of body swapping Cheetah for Harley now. What did you do to keep the Harley head on the body?
                  http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

nothing, it fits right on it.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                      Permanent Member
                      • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by Monstar
                      I'm in the middle of body swapping Cheetah for Harley now. What did you do to keep the Harley head on the body?
                      on the ones where they may be a little too loose you can stuff them

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

nothing, it fits right on it.
                        not true....Jayna's didn't

the cheetah peg is small and needs thickened which is an easy fix

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
                          not true....Jayna's didn't

the cheetah peg is small and needs thickened which is an easy fix
                          Harley popped right on with no problems.

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

I wonder if doc could mass produce the Cheetah body? Probably not due to Mattel owning the design, but it is a big improvement over the Mego female.
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• daz71
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by pmwasson
                              I wonder if doc could mass produce the Cheetah body? Probably not due to Mattel owning the design, but it is a big improvement over the Mego female.
                              agreed that would be fantastic.

Comment

• Monstar
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Mar 6, 2008

Harley popped right on with no problems.
                                Not for me. I tried a Cheetah body and WW body. Same thing - the Harley head would go on but was not secure and would just flop around.

I ended up cutting a long piece of duct tape and wrapping it around the cheetah peg. The Harley head stays on relatively ok now.

BTW - Does anyone else have some funky adhesive seeping through the back of Harley's head? How are you keeping the headpiece on her head?
                                http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎