Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Shoild be CAPTAIN of the ENTERPRISE in 2017?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Paul Wesley is the CLEAR choice to be the new Captain of the Enterprise! they should write him out of The Vampire Diaries and sign him up for the New Star Trek series!

sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I dunno, Bat. I've watched (more like struggled through) a couple of episodes of TVD and I just don't see Wesley as having the acting chops to pull off captaining a starship, let alone the flagship. Plus, instead of being rugged, he's a mite on the pretty side, IMHO.

I agree Tilda Swinton could definitely get the job done, but I think she's going to be tied up with DOCTOR STRANGE for a little while....
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        I dunno, Bat. I've watched (more like struggled through) a couple of episodes of TVD and I just don't see Wesley as having the acting chops to pull off captaining a starship, let alone the flagship. Plus, instead of being rugged, he's a mite on the pretty side, IMHO.
        We'll just have to agree to disagree than...because I think he'd made an AWESOME Captain of the Enterprise! But that said...if Ben McKenzie wasn't such a DAMMED good Jim Gordon on Gotham...he'd be great for the part as well.

sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          Yeah, now I'll definitely agree with you on McKenzie. He'd make a damn, fine starship captain.
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
            Career Member
            • Jul 30, 2012

Thinking Matt Lanter should have a shot at the Enterprise captain's chair. He's done live action TV besides voiceover work on The Clone Wars.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Why do people want a young captain. Sounds bad to me...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                Why do people want a young captain. Sounds bad to me...
                young and dreamy seems to be the theme here.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  Why do people want a young captain.
                  Because when it comes to Star Trek, I want another James T. Kirk Arse-Kicking Hero type. Paul Wesley is 33, not exactly a teenager. I believe Shatner was about 34 when he started on Star Trek. We've already had the old Captain, female Captain, black Captain and gay Captain. Let's go back to the "original formula." If it ain't broke...don't fix it."
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

It's been pretty well established that Kirk is the youngest Captain in Starfleet (during the original series) ... If this new Trek is set during the time of the classic series the new Captain should be older than Kirk.

A nice switcheroo from the norm would be an old Captain about ready to retire and we see his first officer learning the ropes and eventually becoming Captain ...

This would be a take on what Riker should have been more realistically.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
                      Because when it comes to Star Trek, I want another James T. Kirk Arse-Kicking Hero type. Paul Wesley is 33, not exactly a teenager. I believe Shatner was about 34 when he started on Star Trek. We've already had the old Captain, female Captain, black Captain and gay Captain. Let's go back to the "original formula." If it ain't broke...don't fix it."
                      Gay Captain? Archer? Or just because Takei is so is Sulu?
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        Gay Captain? Archer? Or just because Takei is so is Sulu?
                        Yeah, I'm confused by Bat's assessment, too.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

I think he's talking about Picard

Most Americans think all British guys are gay

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I hope they pick Della Reese.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I thought she had passed. Unfortunately Quentin Crisp is unavailable.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                Or just because Takei is so is Sulu?
                                That! And I was just kidding around. George wasn't out of the closet at the time...but it's irrelevant to me, he'll always be Sulu! I LOVE the guy!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎