Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Shoild be CAPTAIN of the ENTERPRISE in 2017?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Who Shoild be CAPTAIN of the ENTERPRISE in 2017?

Ok, if we listen to Nicholas Meyer's "not so subtle hint"...then we know the NEW Star Trek TV series is going to pick up shortly after Star Trek 6. Obviously Sulu is to old...so I hope they enlist a new crew for the Enterprise. To me, the most import part that needs to be cast first is the new Captain. Should they pick a complete unknown? Might not be a bad idea, as that way we have no preconceptions about their previous work. Or, should they go with an established Actor? Your thoughts?

My picks:

1.) Matt Damon(not that they could get him...he's a big movie star)
    2.)Micheal Fassbender(same problem)
    3.)Paul Wesley(Stefan Salvatore Vampires Diaries)

More ideas to come...
    sigpic
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

A few years ago, Bryan Fuller stated that his dream casting was Angela Bassett.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by sprytel
      A few years ago, Bryan Fuller stated that his dream casting was Angela Bassett.
      Hmm---do you think TREKdom is ready to embrace a female commanding the Enterprise? It's something I would be interested to see as long as she was light years away from being anything like Janeway on Voyager. Bassett would be an interesting choice (she was totally badarse in AMERICAN HORROR STORY). I'm trying to think of other strong, female actresses who could fill the Captain's chair.

If she were ten years younger, I'd suggest Sigourney Weaver, not only a heckuva badarse, but a heck of an actress, as well. Of course, she would likely be way too affiliated with the ALIEN franchise to be considered a viable candidate. Charlize Theron could probably do a pretty kick arise job of captaining the Enterprise, but a weekly show is probably below her pat grade. Taraji Henson could make a fine captain as well, but she's all tied up with FOX's Empire, so she's out. Carla Gugino could do a decent job, as well, just not sure if she'd be willing to make that kind of commitment. Hmmmmm....
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Come on, we've already had the female Captain. I want a young tough guy "James Kirk" type. We need some ACTION, some good fight scenes! Remember TOS when the action music would start and Kirk would be drop kicking somebody in the chest.

I don't want more Next Generation type stuff...where they talk all their problems to death.
        sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

For me the treatment will need to be waaay different from past incarnations. Between all of the live series, we've had 26 years of philosophy lectures on social roles. Society has achieved many of those goals and require a fresh approach to this kind of project. I think the success of the recent movies definitely supports the trend away from the hand holding tones that choked off the old franchise. If they make the material more edgy, I think they will have something to work with.

Comment

• Spyweb007
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 18, 2006

If the new series takes place shortly after Star Trek 6, wouldn't Ferris Bueler's buddy be the Captain, like in Star Trek Generations?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

How about Ben Browder?

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Spyweb007
                If the new series takes place shortly after Star Trek 6, wouldn't Ferris Bueler's buddy be the Captain, like in Star Trek Generations?
                Have you seen him lately? He's not looking so good. Plus, he was a bit of a wimp.
                sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  How about Ben Browder?
                  Didn't know who he was, so I Googled him. Yeah, he's got the rugged good looks to be a brash young Star Ship Captain...I could see him in the part.
                  sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

After the debacle that "killed" Kirk in GENERATIONS, I somehow couldn't see the Federation entrusting their flagship to Harriman again---too wishy-washy.

Browder would make a decent starship captain, but he might bring too much FARSCAPE baggage with him. Ideally, I wanted to see Browder as Hal Jordan, but that never happened...
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

How about Matthew Bomer?

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

m

Comment

• Spyweb007
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 18, 2006

I like Ben Browder in Farscape, I always thought he would be perfect to play the Six Million Dollar Man, but he'd probably be good as the Captain of the Enterprise. Although, I also thought Scott Bakula would be a great Captain and then ended up being less impressed with his role on Enterprise than I would have expected.

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Bomer would work, there's not to much out there to begin with, plus who knows how this will work in ratings
                            but I do think he's a good choice.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

How about this guy? He played Eddie on The Flash TV series:

Last edited by The Bat; Mar 4, '16, 9:10 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎