Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amphibious/Amphibian rubber figure for the early-mid 70s help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidCoppola
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 3, 2009

Amphibious/Amphibian rubber figure for the early-mid 70s help!

Trying to lock down a rubber figure I had in the early-mid 70s called something Amphibian or "ous". My recollection was that it was part of a group of other figures. I only recall that it had scales and was very rubbery.
    Any help would be appreciated.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Sounds like Sea Devils by Mattel.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• DavidCoppola
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 3, 2009

Thanks, any source of pix?

Comment

• DavidCoppola
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 3, 2009

Just checked, nope that's not it.

Comment

• mazinz
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 2, 2007

Maybe I am missing something, but here is the same question you had asked here back in 2009 and it was solved in that thread as being from colorforms outer space men

New here and have a question about a figure i had in the early 70s. It was part of a set of figures in soft rubber. The figure I had was called Amphibious or Amphibian. It was about 10" tall and had gills and was of very soft rubber....any ideas? Thanks, Dave.
          "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• DavidCoppola
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 3, 2009

Never really thought that was the item

Comment

• DavidCoppola
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 3, 2009

whoops, my bad, sorry

Comment

• mazinz
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by DavidCoppola
                whoops, my bad, sorry
                Not a problem it happens. I went to google to check for amphibious rubber figure and that old post result popped up first. Never mind that I too had replied to that thread, but at least you know now who it is
                "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 20, 2008

The only figure it might be in the Mattel Sea Devils line would be the Kretor figure (a Creature From The Black Lagoon type figure). He has scales, was green, bendy, about 6-7 inches tall.
                  But from the OP's description it could be a bendy or a jiggler, or anything. Probably not enough info to figure it out unless he elaborates with color and more specifics. Anyway- good luck!

Sean
                  Last edited by SpaceCrawler; Mar 1, '16, 3:40 PM.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 30, 2012

Might be OT, but I've been thinking about a line of rubbery, reddish colored figures with molded/painted scaly green outfits. Some had black boots while others were barefoot which were wildly availble in drug and dime stores back in the 1970's. I had several of these back then, but I don't remember who produced them. Anyone else have any knowledge/memories of these?

Comment

• DavidCoppola
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 3, 2009

Well, was at a Toy Show this weekend and saw the Dominous Rex mixed in a case with some beat up other figures.
                      Figured that the seller had no idea of what it was...I asked how much...$175....wow...they knew....but $175 out of box, wayyy too much. IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎