• darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

WOW! interesting new loose parts on CTVT 2016

http://www.classictvtoys.com/newitems2016.aspx

* Bruce W. '66 Head
    *Dick G. '66 Head
    *Loose G W Shark

these three got my attention...Thinking of putting the two heads on FTC retro Secret ID's, as I hate Smoking Jacket Bruce Wayne...
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg
  • Mego Milk
    Custom Mego Maker
    • Jun 3, 2007

looks like more goodies are popping up!

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Yeah, no pictures yet, though. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some of the new goodies.
      JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I thought they said they wouldn't be able to part out the '66 figures. Egghead, Shame and Mad Hatter all getting that treatment.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

I still want that Joker outfit in a darker purple. I think it would look great with the original Mego head. And then maybe add the trenchcoat.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by JediJaida
            Yeah, no pictures yet, though. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some of the new goodies.
            just check the part number: Circus Man is Egghead, News Boss is Perry White, etc.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

That's cool. Those of us who don't care about packaging can save a few bucks here.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                I thought they said they wouldn't be able to part out the '66 figures. Egghead, Shame and Mad Hatter all getting that treatment.
                Huh. If the reason they can't part out the '66 figures due to the license, I don't really see how the name change would suddenly make it ok. Maybe it doesn't. Maybe they just said they couldn't part them out to drive sales of the first release. It wouldn't really surprise me to hear these three didn't sell well, but I was kind of surprised to the Adam West and Burt Ward heads for sale.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                  Huh. If the reason they can't part out the '66 figures due to the license, I don't really see how the name change would suddenly make it ok. Maybe it doesn't. Maybe they just said they couldn't part them out to drive sales of the first release. It wouldn't really surprise me to hear these three didn't sell well, but I was kind of surprised to the Adam West and Burt Ward heads for sale.
                  Its not like they look much like West and Ward anyway.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                    One eyed, wonder
                    • Dec 17, 2009

Yeah! Black tuxedo back in stock.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      Its not like they look much like West and Ward anyway.
                      Do you think that affected sales? Or are people just interested in Batman? I'm assuming they part out figures and sets that have sluggish sales. Not surprised by Dukes, but I am by West and Ward.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                        Do you think that affected sales? Or are people just interested in Batman? I'm assuming they part out figures and sets that have sluggish sales. Not surprised by Dukes, but I am by West and Ward.
                        I think likeness hurt, but not as much as the lack of interest in these two characters. Same for some of the non-traditional villains (which did sell out at BBTS). Villain to Hero ratio of sales is always lower (civilians even lower) but add in the non-traditional villains and sales are even lower, whether it is because of space or people just wanting the heroes.

I was a completist Toy Biz Marvel Legends collector. I think Hasbro has finally surpassed their work on a consistent basis, but I pick and choose now, picking up Captain America #82 while skipping Tiger Shark.

It's just the way it is.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

I had zero interest in the alter egos, just the heroes and all the villains. "Non-traditional" or not. Most of them have worked their way into the comics in some form anyway.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

I know you are talking about the 66 line, which I did not buy the alter egos for. But now that the removable cowl Batman is out, I really like it. I'm tempted to get that and the removable mask Robin and display them instead.

I did get the Batman/Bruce Wayne 2-pack from the regular line, and hope they do a Superman/Clark Kent 2-pack. I'll be on board for the Wonder Woman/Diana Prince 2-pack as well. For that one, they could even do a Wonder Woman/Diana Prince/Princess Diana 3-pack since she actually does have 3 identities.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

A-HA! Pictures are up. It's the '66 outfits, as well as other outfits, with generic heads. Now it all makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎