X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    the feet are too big for Mego boots. I really don't care about your secrets, either. I'm going to move it over to a Mattel female as I already have done for Harley. The FTC girls are just horrible with those goofy hip joints.
    It can be done Mego head attached to Yvonne body

100_7478.jpg100_7479.jpg100_7480.JPG

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

i also pre ordered this set ,very nice ,i hope batgirl does look better then this picture shows .always loved yvonne craig .met her years ago .she
      was a top crush for me .very sweet lady .barbra gordon looks pretty good ,is her purse the same as jimmy olsons?.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
        It can be done Mego head attached to Yvonne body

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17653[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17654[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17655[/ATTACH]
        Its just sitting on top of the neck post, it should sit down a bit more to look right. That's a little too giraffe neck. and in your last pic its obvious that the neck is too wide for a Mego head.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

The Mego head on a Yvonne body looks terrible ! I would rather leave it on the FTC body because it is much closer to Mego. The Yvonne body looks like it's sitting on a Barbie

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Its just sitting on top of the neck post, it should sit down a bit more to look right. That's a little too giraffe neck. and in your last pic its obvious that the neck is too wide for a Mego head.
            It will look fine once its dressed and won't matter if its a little wide.To have it sit lower,that also can be done if needed to.The neck really is not that long.If I go to far down she'll have a no neck..Batgirls suit and cape ride up her whole neck covering the whole neck...the point made was that it's attached to the ball joint as you basically said couldn't be done.....You just can't deal with the fact that I will pull it off and you guys are bit ridiculous in your critque

edit- much better

100_7482.jpg100_7484.jpg
            Last edited by Teemu; Feb 23, '16, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

The thing about the Yvonne head itself, is that it is smaller than Dinah's! And her head is tiny compared to the later MegoGal heads.

Oddly enough, the IG girl head seems to be more in scale with this particular chest piece than she does with the FTC body; which is too small by far.

I never understood that about FTC. Bodies that shrink too much, and heads that don't shrink enough.

There is something deeply wrong with that company.
              JediJaida

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                This is the second time we've seen the Barbara Gordon from a profile view. I'm growing concern about how this head looks from a full frontal. Batgirl's head is more than a bit big for my taste. While the eyes don't bother me, the mouth does not seem right to me. Perhaps if her jaw-line was greatly reduced? I guess I could always photo-shop my ideas.
                Seen 66 Barbara Gordon in full frontal now. I see now that my concerns were unwarrented. I think she will look great with Bruce and Dick.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 14, 2010

The worst part of Batgirl for me is the cape. Her short sexy cape replaced by a cape so long she looks like she's about trip over it. How could FTC not give her a cape of her own instead of a Batman cape hand me down?? Who designed this figure? No way would Yvonne aproove this version. The face is ugly, the cape too long, the belt doesn't fit over her hips as it should. Batgirl is easily the worst figure in the line so far. Hard to believe it took this long to get Batgirl and have her look this bad. It's a disgrace to the show, the fans, and to Yvonne. I am deeply unhappy about this figure. Even the FTC cheerleaders have to be honest here and see that this Batgirl is just ALL wrong. I have never seen a 1966 Batgirl look as bad. Even the cheap bendable or Mattel Batgirl are way better. It's like FTC didn't even try to make her accurate:(

Comment

• THE FALCON
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 2, 2011

Was gonna buy a few figures today. But $30 each? Dang!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

It will look fine once its dressed and won't matter if its a little wide.To have it sit lower,that also can be done if needed to.The neck really is not that long.If I go to far down she'll have a no neck..Batgirls suit and cape ride up her whole neck covering the whole neck...the point made was that it's attached to the ball joint as you basically said couldn't be done.....You just can't deal with the fact that I will pull it off and you guys are bit ridiculous in your critque

edit- much better

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17656[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17657[/ATTACH]
                      don't really care if you pull it off or not, I'm just looking at the pics and its like a square peg in a round hole and they just aren't compatible out of the box. I never understood why the Yvonne body wasn't made mego friendly. The Mattel body works perfectly, same headpeg and the hands interchange.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

don't really care if you pull it off or not, I'm just looking at the pics and its like a square peg in a round hole and they just aren't compatible out of the box. I never understood why the Yvonne body wasn't made mego friendly. The Mattel body works perfectly, same headpeg and the hands interchange.
                        Yvonne body is not compatible- no kidding! But if you happen to own a MOTU Classic figure or NECA,you can see how they both work and how you can make a female Mego head fit on it with modification inside their heads.You whined about how the neck was girafe looking and I fixed that too ...It looks perfect and with Batgirl's cape and suit that covers the WHOLE neck,you won't even see the flesh....This is just a test sample and I made it work which you basically said couldn't be done.

Plus,Mattel's body isn't perfect,nor better than the yvonne.The Mattel body is too tall and I don't want my Batgirl standing the same height as Batman....If you like floppy legs on your "static" looking retro females figures and that the articulation only bends at the elbow- good for you! My Batgirl will have swivel arms and I will be able to pose her in any pose (especially a running pose like Batman/Robin can do on the Zica body).Worst comes to worse,I'll use the mattel cheetah body,but right now I am going to a much better body for this
                        Last edited by Teemu; Mar 3, '16, 1:24 PM.

Comment

• megodarryl
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Jan 31, 2006

edit- much better

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17656[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17657[/ATTACH]
                          Hey man- if you make an adapter to fit Zica necks, I'll buy some! I tried cutting off part of the back of the Mego female head, so it would fit like Yvonne's, but I couldn't get it right
                          Last edited by megodarryl; Mar 19, '16, 7:15 PM.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

I got rc batman and batgirl today.disapointed in batgirl,her right arm at the elbow is loose,hips too wide and heads too big(and I rarely complain about the heads here)

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                              I got rc batman and batgirl today.disapointed in batgirl,her right arm at the elbow is loose,hips too wide and heads too big(and I rarely complain about the heads here)
                              that body just flat out sucks, its a bad copy of Mego's not so great body.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                                learning all the time
                                • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                                Can you verify that the Batgirl figure you received is different than the prototype figure we've been seeing (and complaining about) on FTC's site? a photo has surfaced that appears to show a much improved Batgirl figure.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎