X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Evel Knievel YouTube GOLD!

Oh wow! This guy has almost all the classic Evel Knievel commercials including 3 Derry Daring ads! I swear seeing that just made me tear up! Remember the feeling you got when you saw these ads begged your parents for it! Fantastic!

My channel is for all kinds of things I like some videos will be totally different to other videos I like a variety of stuff.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • johnnystorm
    Hot Child in the City
    • Jul 3, 2008

Ahhh, Evel!
    One of those guys you know was bad news but you always wanted to hang out with. I can honestly say I've never seen any Evel Knievel bit, be it stunt, interview, commercial, whatever that I wasn't thrilled... if only a little bit. Everything Evel did was exciting.

Comment

• El Hombre Nuclear
      Museum Super Collector
      • Sep 5, 2014

Thanks for the heads up! The Skull Canyon and "adventure outfits" ads are especially cool to see. Too bad there aren't any for the annoyingly rare/expensive Road & Trail Adventure Set and Canyon Rig. I love it that the line started getting weird and tried to cash in on other concurrent toy trends that had very little to do with Evel himself.

Comment

• HardyGirl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Wow...2 replies...I thought you guys would be all all over this one. Guess I was wrong.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

That consumer rights video was interesting. I can honestly say I never expected things like Evel Kneivel to work the way you saw on TV EVERY TIME! I have always held that the Evel Stunt Cycle was one of the most satisfying toys ever made, and I can attest that that baby CAN jump like you see you see in the commercials. Those kids just have horrible aim!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• HardyGirl
            • Apr 3, 2007

Not to mention they were playing w/ the darn thing INSIDE!! Really? Ok I played w/ mine indoors too, but I had some jumping space. And I made it jump over domino sturctures and Matchbox cars w/ a homemade book ramp, and it did great!

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            That consumer rights video was interesting. I can honestly say I never expected things like Evel Kneivel to work the way you saw on TV EVERY TIME! I have always held that the Evel Stunt Cycle was one of the most satisfying toys ever made, and I can attest that that baby CAN jump like you see you see in the commercials. Those kids just have horrible aim!

Chris

Comment

• newlyknighted
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 21, 2010

Love those ads! I still have my Evil come out of retirement and jump for friends and family. He is quite the showman!
              I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 1, 2005

Oh man there's some great ads there, brings back many memories! Getting my first Evel Knievel toy is one of my earliest Christmas memories Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Chris
                  It really is one of the most fun toys ever made. You could play with it endlessly, until it broke. Of course, when the very similar Ideal Team America sets came out, in the early 80's, the same satisfaction was found.

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 1, 2005

Ian I remember being so ecstatic when those Team America toys came out! I loved the 12 issue comic series too. By that point my Knievel toy had long since been broken and discarded (sadly) so it was fun getting to relive that playtime again, albeit with the Marauder figure rather than Evel.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by nvmbrsdoom5
                      Ian I remember being so ecstatic when those Team America toys came out! I loved the 12 issue comic series too. By that point my Knievel toy had long since been broken and discarded (sadly) so it was fun getting to relive that playtime again, albeit with the Marauder figure rather than Evel.
                      I like Team America as well, but both lacked good figures, Poor Evel had those wires in his arms and legs that broke after about ten tries in "posing" him ( I've always hated bendies). and the TA guys were stuck in seating poisitions if I recall , but the bikes for all were great fun.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎