X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Godzilla Vs Kong to follow Skull Island and Godzilla 2

This trilogy includes, Skull Island, Godzilla 2 and Godzilla vs. Kong. (Think of it as Legendary's “Wave 2” of giant monster movies. Wave 1 being Godzilla '14 and the unrelated Pacific Rim.)

Read more: http://www.scified.com/news/skull-is...#ixzz40P30DzEK
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Thanks for the link to that article, samnoir. I'm always glad to hear of new Kong projects on the table. The only thing that makes me a wee bit leary is this quote:

The confirmation that Skull Island has nothing to do with Jackson's Kong isn't surprising. Legendary Pictures head honcho, Thomas Tull, seems to have little interest in linking the new Kong with Jackson's. Additionally, a fresh start gives Legendary the freedom to envision Kong the way they want to. (Like upscaling his size to fight Godzilla.)
    Sometimes having a "fresh start" with an icon as old as Kong isn't necessarily a good thing (let's look at the '98 Godzilla film as an example) because there can be a fine line between "reimagining" and "sabterdizing." Scaling Kong up to a size that would give him a chance to go face-to-face with Godzilla seems like a risky thing to do since the only time he's ever been scaled up was in the Japanese version of "King Kong vs. Godzilla." I believe the current incarnation of the Big G stands at somewhere over 300 feet whereas Kong traditionally comes in at between 40 to 50 feet. That's quite a size disparity and I will be curious to see how they address that with this new Kong/Skull Island material. If Kong were anywhere near the scale of Godzilla, then the natives of Skull Island would have to have built a very, very, very large wall indeed to try and protect themselves from him.

I guess we'll just have to wait as see as more news becomes available.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎