• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Mattel's Thingmaker returns as a 3D printer

From toy fair.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

That could be fun. I'd love to hear what Chad and Sean think of something like this as far as it being as awesome as it's made to look.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

It looks cool but probably still kinda pricey for most families. Could still really take off for adult collectors if they do add classic Mattel brands like Barbie, Hot Wheels and MOTU.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Legend of Link
        Career Member
        • Jun 12, 2010

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
        That could be fun. I'd love to hear what Chad and Sean think of something like this as far as it being as awesome as it's made to look.
        Depending on the print quality, it seems extremely fair for the price. I'm certainly tempted to get it once it's available. I'm a huge fan of Autodesk so needless to say, this makes me giddy.

It's also very refreshing to see that they're marketing this towards kids. Instead of using technology just for gaming or watching videos, this will inspire so much creativity and I believe this will bring back having imaginations. (It's certainly helped me be more creative and to always strive to make what I want and what I see in my head.)

Also, this just proves that 3D printers will soon be an every household item sooner rather than later. The technology is becoming more and more affordable and this brings a tear of joy to my eye.

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/Sgordy199/ <- My Mego Pictures

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

I'm very interested in seeing this Thingmaker, and I agree with LoL. Getting something that can make a somewhat reliable print for a lower pricepoint into the hands of creative kids is fantastic. There are a ton of tech lovers out there, but things like this are what push consumers over to being creators. awesome

Comment

• Fitski
            Veteran Member
            • May 19, 2013

This thing is great, I've already made a bunch of action figures on the app. I'm finally getting some V 3 3/4 figures!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎