Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Mark Strong's Sinestro was by far the best thing in GL, agreed.

Ryan Reynolds redeemed himself in Deadpool...he was dead on...and the movie was fantastic.
    sigpic

Comment

• JRT!
      Museum Super Collector
      • Sep 6, 2015

Well Emerald,nice to know I'm not the only one,lol! And yeah,the last 'Zilla movie could've had some more 'Zilla in it,but I did enjoy it,wannabe Cloverfield monsters an'all.

Still on the fence about Batsy v Supes though. Maybe with the low expectations I have,I'll enjoy it more,lol.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
        And I hope people here don't take it as me being confrontational and defensive, you know, me attacking Marvel and defending DC. I thought the first Avengers was really good and a lot of fun...and the first Iron Man is now a classic in my opinion. I also think Green Lantern, well, you know I didn't like it, but out of respect for you, that's all I'm going to say, wink. Iron Man 3 was even worse than Avengers 2. And in turn, and really hate to say this, but after my initially fanboy love for Man of Steel...after repeated views, I've come to like it less and less, gulp...I'm so sorry Supes, still love you lots, lol. But yes, even Man of Steel still trumps Avengers 2...we can both agree on that...
        Hector there are a few fans of that movie in my household.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by MIB41
          Hector there are a few fans of that movie in my household.

....and once again that mysterious and elusive canine member of the Green Lantern Corps. shows her muzzle....
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Awwwwwww, sooo cute...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Ryan Reynolds hates Green Lantern more than me...

Quizzed about the movie again by US TV show Watch What Happens Live, Reynolds reiterated his feelings on the matter by rating the misconceived Warner Bros/DC movie a 1 out of 10. Pondering the matter, Reynolds told host Andy Cohen, “I would give it a scant, four, maybe. Again, this is hardly the first time (and we doubt it will be the last) that Reynolds has spoken derisively of the Martin Campbell-directed movie in which he donned a CGI suit (openly mocked in ‘Deadpool’) to protect Earth from hostile aliens.

sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                Ryan Reynolds hates Green Lantern more than me...

Quizzed about the movie again by US TV show Watch What Happens Live, Reynolds reiterated his feelings on the matter by rating the misconceived Warner Bros/DC movie a 1 out of 10. Pondering the matter, Reynolds told host Andy Cohen, “I would give it a scant, four, maybe. Again, this is hardly the first time (and we doubt it will be the last) that Reynolds has spoken derisively of the Martin Campbell-directed movie in which he donned a CGI suit (openly mocked in ‘Deadpool’) to protect Earth from hostile aliens.

Consider this. Deadpool will open with a bigger opening weekend gross (worldwide) than Lantern made in it's entire cinematic run. Reynolds has got to be feeling vindicated right now.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Interesting chatter...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^Makes you wonder. This latest trailer is extremely Batman-heavy, and portrays him in a better light than the previous one. Although that may just be their plan along, and this is just the usual "they are worried" rumors that surround any big film.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

If I had to guess, I would say the marketing arm of WB and the executive arm got together and, after looking at the differences in grosses between Nolan's BATMAN flicks and MAN OF STEEL, they've decided to throw all the weight onto The Batman's shoulders. I don't know this for a fact, but it sure seems like Batman is by far DC's most popular character while Superman is more of a supporting character, much like The Hulk in the MCU.
                      Last edited by emeraldknight47; Feb 15, '16, 2:27 PM. Reason: Typos!!
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        ^Makes you wonder. This latest trailer is extremely Batman-heavy, and portrays him in a better light than the previous one. Although that may just be their plan along, and this is just the usual "they are worried" rumors that surround any big film.

Chris
                        That's very true. It's nearly impossible to apply credible context to these reports until after a movie is released and you see the returns and consensus to know if that speculation holds merit or not. Now from a common sense perspective, I'm sure they are naturally nervous given the fact they have so much riding on how well this one film does. I'm quite sure these big budget movies have plenty of financing from different backers, so there are financial goals that have to be met to keep everyone along for the ride in financing the next project. I sure wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎