X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Prehistoric Aurora

Some day when I have unlimited cash and space, I will own these....
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Drzsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 9, 2011

i had every one of these,they fit together to form a huge land mass.i remember waiting up all night for my mom to come home with the whooly mammoth model.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I was very fond of these; I liked how the dinosaurs were articulated. They make good Mego OMBC stand-ins if you give them minimal paint-jobs.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

These are on my model to do list after I finish the monsters...about a year from now, dinosaurs will begin to roam the Mego Museum.

Comment

• patches
          • Jan 12, 2015

I had all of those, and loved them all. There have long been rumors that Polar lights night attempt to recreate some of them. Any news? Or were these the ones destroyed in the great train wreck?

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 20, 2008

Originally posted by patches
            I had all of those, and loved them all. There have long been rumors that Polar lights night attempt to recreate some of them. Any news? Or were these the ones destroyed in the great train wreck?
            Some (not all) have been re-released by Monogram, Revell, etc, but in new boxes, and quite frequently over the years. The last batch came out in 2007 and some are still at retail. And Atlantis released the T-Rex a few years back in pseudo repro Prehistoric Scenes packaging [just a blank bx with repro label] (the T-Rex wasn't among 2007 Revell re-releases but had been repro'd in the 90s). One company, can't recall who, was going to try to do a couple of the more sought after kits that hadn't been reproduced, but they seem to have abandoned that plan. I don't think any are in the pipeline at the moment, unless Revell (or whoever) release the same few that they repro every few years again.

Supposedly a book on the kits is being put together (see the post from Jan 1):

Sean

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

I had several of the kits. There were lots of fun since they were designed to be played with rather than just displayed. Some how I missed the dinosaurs as a kid but I did buy some of the reproductions. The big T-Rex would have been a cool toy! My toy soldiers would have been in real trouble!

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

The T-Rex of this series was to die for. I only remember getting the Neanderthal Man, Saber Tooth Tiger and Allosaurus. What was up with that stupid drool on the Allosaurus? I love Aurora models.

Comment

• Drzsmith
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 9, 2011

i had the giant T Rex,it didnt stay together very well though.Mine had a ton of model glue om it trying to keep it together.

Comment

• tay666
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 27, 2008

Two questions.
                    What catalog is this from?
                    Can I have permission to use this on my PS site?

I will include a link to PlaidStallions

Comment

• Klosterheim
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 23, 2013

They are very nice.

My friend's son would probably really enjoy the spiked dinosaur.

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

I have an original unglued Aurora Neanderthal in the box. I think it's just missing the plaque. It's for sale if anybody is interested.
                        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Still one of my favorite things fro my childhood, especially the T-Rex. Big models that are also action figures, and big enough to blend with Megos (a little undersized, but fudgable). Named my Rex Grumpy...
                          prehisaurora.jpg

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I have the vaguest of memories of my sister and a friend building a Prehistoric Scenes kit, I believe for a school diorama project. I'll have to ask her about it.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• tay666
                              Career Member
                              • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by scott metzger
                              Still one of my favorite things fro my childhood, especially the T-Rex. Big models that are also action figures, and big enough to blend with Megos (a little undersized, but fudgable). Named my Rex Grumpy...
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]26432[/ATTACH]
                              Wow! That's a sweet display.
                              :D I like Grumpy for a name. (wonder where you got that from )

I was reading Devil Dinosaur around the time I got mine for x-mas, so I always kinda thought of it that way.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎