X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

List your favorite current small screen comic book shows

...also list the ones you don't watch, missed, have not got around to it, gave it a try and didn't like, or simply does not interests you nor care.

Okay, here we go.

Current top eight must watch (meaning, have not missed one single episode):

1. Jessica Jones...my favorite, no questions asked, period. I'm a DC guy, but this Marvel show rules. Who would've thunk it...a semi-obscure journeyman superhero turned small-time/detective/alcoholic has been, lol.
    2. Gotham...I look forward to this more than anything, including Jessica Jones, it's just a blast for me.
    3. The Walking Dead...sure, it can frustrate me at times, but it's still a groundbreaking show, nuff said.
    4. Daredevil...very good, just not quite as good as Jessica Jones in my opinion.
    5. The Flash...fun, fun, and more fun.
    6. Supergirl...tone down Calista Flockhart's character a bit...and drop the Kara drooling over JAMES Olsen storyline, and Supergirl might jump a couple of spots up on my list.
    7. Fear the Walking Dead...I know this is going to get better and better.
    8. DC's Legends of Tomorrow...kinda still on the fence on this one, but will keep watching, see how far I go.

Show I kinda watched here and there (more now thanks to the Flash), but have missed a ton of past episodes: Arrow

Shows I started watching but didn't catch my interest after a few tries and dropped: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Marvel's Agent Carter.

Show I watched once and said garbage: iZombie.

Show I have not seen yet, but planning on it to give it a try: Lucifer.

Shows looking forward on watching: Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders, and Preacher.

Last edited by Hector; Feb 9, '16, 6:16 PM.
    sigpic
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

I watch The Walking Dead, Supergirl, Flash, iZombie and the 2nd half of Legends of Tomorrow each week.
    Daredevil and Jessica Jones I binge-watched the weekends they debuted.

Only watched Arrow during Flash cross-overs.

Gave up on Gotham the first year at the half-way point. Even less time with Agents of SHIELD. And only one episode with Fear the Walking Dead.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I'm not trying to convince you on Gotham, but you should try the second season, totally different show from the first. It's now has more of a comic book feel to it, with more traditional villainy going on (Jerome as the young "maybe" Joker was great). Gone are the first season "real" gangsters storylines. Mr Freeze is coming, yeah...
      Last edited by Hector; Feb 9, '16, 9:42 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

Flash is my favorite, and I watch Legends , Arrow, and Supergirl. I love Walking Dead, Fear not so much. Agent Carter is pretty good, better than SHIELD.
        Dug Jessica Jones and Daredevil a lot.
        Gotham was much better season 2, hopefully Fish is gone as she brought down the first season.
        Trying Lucifer. Couldn't get into I Zombie.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

I watch and enjoy Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Daredevil, Jessica Jones and The Walking Dead. I tried Arrow and iZombie, couldn't get into them. Haven't tried Gotham yet and don't really have any interest in the SHIELD shows. I really enjoyed Constantine, am bummed that it got cancelled. I only watched the first episode of Lucifer and it was so far removed from the source material, I don't know why they bothered. Plus I don't care for police procedurals so the fact that they seem to be taking the show in that direction makes it even less interesting to me.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Flash, Arrow, Daredevil, Gotham, Legends. Jessica Jones I can tolerate. It gets to be the same thing over and over with her attitude problem and the same villain over and over. Supergirl I haven't seen as its not available on HULU and I can't get any over the air channels since McD's opened up down the street.
            Last edited by thunderbolt; Feb 11, '16, 2:53 AM.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

The Flash
              Legends of Tomorrow
              Gotham
              Agent Carter

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Flash and Supergirl are family appointment TV here. We all sit on the couch and watch together "live". Legends of Tomorrow is almost in that category, but it's not quite lived up to it's hype yet. Still interested.

Arrow, I watch on occasion. We DVR it and my son watches it. We're DVRing Agent Carter, but we haven't watched any of the episodes this season, just due to time. We'll get around to it.

LOVED the first season of Daredevil. Couldn't make it past the first 20 minutes of Jessica Jones, but may try later. Gotham....no. Just don't like the tone, and it's just too ludicrous to think Batman's Rogues Gallery is going to be on Social Security by the time he puts on the cowl. Have no interest in The Walking Dead or spinoffs.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

The big winner in our household is the Flash. That is DVR'd and watched weekly without exception. After that, my wife and I try to watch both Daredevil and Jessica Jones on Netflix when we get time to ourselves. Others we're looking forward to are Luke Cage, the Defenders, and Iron Fist.

Comment

• boss
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 18, 2003

Agent Carter
                    Flash
                    Daredevil
                    Agent's of Shield
                    Jessica Jones
                    Supergirl

Watched first episode of Gotham and bailed.
                    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

(1A) Flash is my favorite, but (1B) Daredevil is probably better. It's about as close of an adaption of the comics as you could expect.

(2) Supergirl

(3)Legends of Tomorrow

(4) Agent Carter

(5) Gotham

(6) Arrow

(7) Jessica Jones (a quality show, but just not my cup of tea)

I don't watch Agents of Shield, but have been told it's much improved.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

If it is a comic book show I watch it. Now there are some shows I did like better than I thought I would:

* Dark Matter the SyFy show based on Dark Horse Dark Matter.
                        * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. now that they are dealing with the Inhumans.
                        * iZombie for some reason has keep me watching. It is so far from the comic book series that I should hate it, but for some reason I keep watching it.

The shows I am looking forward to iss SyFy Wynonna Earp.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Arrow, Flash, Legends. I need to binge Supergirl. No use for Gotham or Zombie. Way behind on Walking Dead. Eventually I plan to try SHIELD and Carter.

Comment

• daz71
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2014

i have not seen one episode of any of the shows.i did see the pilot of captain nice recently if that counts.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Smallville
                              DareDevil
                              Jessica Jones
                              The Flash
                              Arrow
                              Agent(Peggy) Carter
                              Gotham
                              Constantine