X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Lili Ledy madness

I have made a few Lili Ledys over the years but this one fellow wanted a whole bunch of ones that I have never done before. Good thing he was patient as I was sorting out how to do the logo and what they were named in Spanish in the first place. The confusion actually had me do up a Joker using the Riddler's Spanish name . I found what reference I could on the web and search out the fonts where possible and eeked them out. In the end, I am not sure if some of the reference I was using came from actual LL boxes or other custom/repros but LL packaging is still pretty scarce out there. Blew up the unique Catwoman and Batgirl art (actually did Batgirl before but I made changes) from pretty low rez pics of the cameos and redrew and recolored them into something acceptable.

Last edited by mego73; Feb 7, '16, 8:41 PM.

mego73@hotmail.com
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

awesome!!!
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Those look great

Comment

• Neutron X
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 22, 2007

Niiiiiiiiice!

Comment

• comicmike
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 22, 2009

Beautiful work.Many many details & much time evident here in your superior results. You a very talented artist, adapting so much from what have been quite the graphics search. Wonderful work!

Comment

• mego73
            Printed paperboard Tiger
            • Aug 1, 2003

Thanks!

Originally posted by comicmike
            Beautiful work.Many many details & much time evident here in your superior results. You a very talented artist, adapting so much from what have been quite the graphics search. Wonderful work!

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Yup those are the logos I designed when I did Lili Ledy boxes years ago for Iron Man and Green Arrow who never came boxed in this format...
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Very cool, now I can learn how to say these in Spanish.

Comment

• comicmike
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                  Yup those are the logos I designed when I did Lili Ledy boxes years ago for Iron Man and Green Arrow who never came boxed in this format...
                  Just wonderful!

Comment

• mego73
                    Printed paperboard Tiger
                    • Aug 1, 2003

Do you mean they never came in boxes or they just never found boxes?

Originally posted by The Toyroom

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Does it matter? Whatever you've seen online as far as boxes go for those characters (Joker, Riddler, Tarzan, Falcon, Iron Man, Green Arrow) I'm 99% sure is my custom work. Those characters as far as we know were only made in the Fist Fighter format and those boxes are all together different, with a common font for the character's name(s). And only portions of an Acertijo box have surfaced. The Ledy FF Joker figure has never even surfaced, let alone a box. I designed all of the boxes for the aforementioned characters about 7-10 years ago for Mego super collector Luis Felipe in Mexico. Those are the ones you're seeing popping up online all over the place and in Google searches. Any repros of the original Ledys (non-Fist Fighter) that I did for Luis utilized original scans provided by him.
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎