Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fitski
    Veteran Member
    • May 19, 2013

Im sure any 14 year old should be fine watching this, it might be weird seeing boobs with your kid sitting with you though. I I just came back from seeing it and there was some very young kids in the theatre, I seen some dads squirm during certain parts. It's rated 18-A here in Canada,

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    With all this talk of a hard "R" and some local theaters barring anyone under 17, even with an adult, I'm now questioning whether to take my 14 year old son. He's a huge DP fan, but I'm starting to think this isn't such a good idea.

For those who have seen it, would you let a 14 year old see this?

Chris

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I started a SPOILER Deadpool thread, feel free to post...

Deadpool is already in my top five favorite superhero flicks of all times, I can see it going up that list over time, no questions asked.
      sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I saw this today and found it to be one of the best hero films ever made. It was brilliant. Everything that is irreverent in film yet explosive and exciting in this genre were perfectly blended. I never had as much fun as I did in this film. I laughed from beginning to the very last frame after the credits, yet still found a great story, effects, and even love story with a wonderful angle for revenge. When it came to poking at the genre, NOTHING was left off the table. Everyone was game from actors, to directors, to even failed efforts (namely the one most noted by Ryan Reynolds). It had everything and I can't wait to see it again. Is it for young kids? No way. Is it for teenagers and everything else north? Absolutely. If you took away a couple of scenes of nudity it would easily be acceptable for young teenagers. Most see this stuff on video games anyway so it would be a stretch to think the majority of this is not already exposed to and known at that stage. It's a hysterical ride. I absolutely love this movie.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Awesome news here!!! $260 million opening weekend worldwide and more to come tomorrow with it being Presidents day!! Records falling all over.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Awesome!!!!!!!!

Deadpool deserves it, great film...and I think it's an instant classic in my opinion.
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Saw it by myself this morning, nice funk buster.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 18, 2007

I saw it tonight with my awesome wife who purchased the tickets 2 weeks ago. I will have to go back and see it again, maybe a third time. So many one liners and jokes flying around, tuff to catch them all. I laughed my butt off and am putting it in my top 5 super hero movie of all time.

Comment

• osker55
                  Booyaaa
                  • Aug 8, 2011

Loved the movie
                  Wants....

AHI wolfman mint hairy Version
                  AHI wolfman moc
                  Lincoln Wolfman and Mummy
                  Kresge moc WGSH
                  Other stuff to update

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                    Supporter of Silliness
                    • Jun 20, 2007

I went into it with really low expectations. You hear about movies being "funny" and wonder if it's going to be "Hollywood-precocious funny" or actual "funny-funny."

It was hysterical. Great writing. Great casting. Great action sequences. The story was just sort of "meh," but the rest of the great stuff really carried it through. Most fun I've ever had watching a Marvel movie (although Guardians of the Galaxy was a closer second than I thought).

I'm going to disagree on the Colossus statement by someone at the beginning and say his character felt really off. He came off as more "dumb Tin Man" than the Colossus I grew up reading in the late-70s through early 90s. YMMV, though.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Ryan Reynolds is so freakin' awesome. Check out what he did for a fan...

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Ha, awesome, ha!!! ^^^^^^
                        sigpic

Comment

• haggis
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 17, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                          It showed full Deadpool "junk". Not just butt. Let's not mislead anybody.
                          My apologies. I must have blinked during that brief second of "Affleck in Gone Girl"-style full-frontal that occurs amongst the flames during that fight scene. His naked butt had much more screen time.
                          No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Deadpool set to gross a minimum of $55/$56 million it's second weekend and will most likely pass Winter Soldier's entire theatrical run in under three weeks. Amazing.
                            Last edited by MIB41; Feb 21, '16, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Amazing enough an R rated flick beating a PG-13 flick...but seriously, think about it, a 90s era created Deadpool beating the iconic Captain America...now that's mind boggling...

sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
                                Amazing enough an R rated flick beating a PG-13 flick...but seriously, think about it, a 90s era created Deadpool beating the iconic Captain America...now that's mind boggling...

They should've picked a better Captain America.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎